Has anyone ever heard of a mini browning .25?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck97

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2024
    Muncie
    I just picked one up off a buddy and never had heard of them. I paid $200 and can’t really find much info about them. Wondering if anyone knows anything about them or if I overpaid or not. I do know it’s a 1964. Here’s a picture

Attachments

• IMG_8269.jpeg
      IMG_8269.jpeg
      600.1 KB · Views: 37

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Just checking my rat whole stash, I can’t identify that coin what is it?

View attachment 370954

It’s a quarter, one of the fancy newer ones from 2016 recognizing Shawnee National Park… :lmfao:

As for the FN Baby Browning, they’re neat pistols and a lot of fun to shoot, mostly because .25ACP has no recoil, much like .22LR (which is actually more powerful than .25 lol). They tend to sell between $409-1,000 or so depending on condition and what not, with an average being around $550 or so. If it’s in very good or better shape, then you did well!

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It’s a quarter, one of the fancy newer ones from 2016 recognizing Shawnee National Park… :lmfao:

As for the FN Baby Browning, they’re neat pistols and a lot of fun to shoot, mostly because .25ACP has no recoil, much like .22LR (which is actually more powerful than .25 lol). They tend to sell between $409-1,000 or so depending on condition and what not, with an average being around $550 or so. If it’s in very good or better shape, then you did well!
    WOW! Thought it was gold. Must be the lighting. I deleted my post. Thanks.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just picked one up off a buddy and never had heard of them. I paid $200 and can’t really find much info about them. Wondering if anyone knows anything about them or if I overpaid or not. I do know it’s a 1964. Here’s a picture
    Here to learn.
    I'd say if it shoots you got a good deal. Its a Browning after all.
    I've always been intrigued by the 25acp and 32acp, and 7.62x25mm. I always thought they would have sold better nowadays with higher capacity. Say 15+ rds.
    I do like bigger handguns though.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I'd say you done good, neat little guns, not a .25 fan, but have had a few. .25 ammo can be found sometimes in LGS, in the bargain sections.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I'd say you done good, neat little guns, not a .25 fan, but have had a few. .25 ammo can be found sometimes in LGS, in the bargain sections.

Therein lies the rub, however. If it’s NOT in the bargain section, it’s often quite pricey for what it is. Real fun and neat cartridge, but an exceptionally poor performer for defensive use and expensive if not on closeout. You can reload it, but dies are kinda spendy and it’s tedious with such a small case. I still might do it someday though, I like the cartridge and the tiny guns that shoot it. :) I had a Colt Junior for awhile and would love another (or its clone the Astra Cub)!

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Max Baer, Jr. (Jethro, from the Beverly Hillbillies) did a movie called The Asphalt Cowboy in 1980. The one scene I remember was when some punk pulled a 25 ACP pistol on him and his response was "If you shoot me with that thing, you're really going to **** me off."

Top Bottom