Has any one picked up their 'ordered' Troy AR from Dicks yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I ordered a Troy AR and a 10/22 on the 21st for the BF prices. Picked up my 10/22 yesterday (Dick's in Avon). While I was there, I asked what the ETA was on the Troy rifles. She said the entire stock they had on hand at the DC in Plainfield has been sold and Troy is working to fill the rest of the orders but they have way more than was anticipated so they are telling people 3-6 weeks.

Whackmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Bought mine the day prior to Thanksgiving. They stated 7-10 days. Still have not recieved a call :dunno:

And THEY better hurry up! I have some Coyotes to WHACK!!

Last edited by a moderator:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Not what I wanted to hear. :D

Oh i know, me neither. She said it's impossible for them to know but they have been instructed to tell people 3-6 weeks. Troy got bombarded with orders and now they have to scramble to get them all filled while dealing with the people RMA'ing their lowers that don't drop polymer magazines free at the same time.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Oh i know, me neither. She said it's impossible for them to know but they have been instructed to tell people 3-6 weeks. Troy got bombarded with orders and now they have to scramble to get them all filled while dealing with the people RMA'ing their lowers that don't drop polymer magazines free at the same time.

Maybe I'll call them and tell them all of my mags are USGI, and they can send me one of those. ;)

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Maybe I'll call them and tell them all of my mags are USGI, and they can send me one of those. ;)

Well I'm actually hoping but us waiting we will get the newer lowers that do not have that issue, from what I have been reading there is a serial # range that suffers from that issue and Troy is fixing it for people who call.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Is Dick's still honoring that price?

Oh no, $799 was the Black Friday price. They actually had to cut the deal off early because of the amount of orders, it was supposed to be good all of BF, but they cut off orders company wide about 9:00 that morning.

From what I understand, the gun retails at $1099 normally, with them regularly having it on sale for $999.

My only regret was not saving another 10% by signing up for a Dick's CC. Not a huge deal though, don't really need another CC to hassle with but it would have saved me roughly another $70-80.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I cancelled my order yesterday, decided to go with a Colt LE6920MP instead that I found a good deal online.

The Troy was a great deal, but I didn't think to get the extra 10% off by signing up for the CC which is what really put the deal over the top IMO. Also, I'm seeing a lot of reports from people that have received their rifles they are not assembling them all with the same quality parts, they use what they have on hand, so depending what rifle you get you might get higher end or lower end parts. for example, some come with a AR15 bolt and some with a M16 bolt.

I'm spending an extra couple hundred bucks for the Colt but I know exactly what I'm getting.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    DII_8174w.jpg

Picked it up today.

:D

Probably take it to Applied Ballistics tomorrow for some sighting in and some shooting. Then, to Linden later in the week for some longer shooting. ;)

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Picked it up today.

:D

Probably take it to Applied Ballistics tomorrow for some sighting in and some shooting. Then, to Linden later in the week for some longer shooting. ;)

Congrats, fine looking rifle there! Give us a review on it after you get it out and put some rounds through it.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Congrats, fine looking rifle there! Give us a review on it after you get it out and put some rounds through it.

It sure looks good in the box. I'll be looking forward to a full range report to see how it works out for you.

I took it to Applied today. I wanted to get it zeroed a little low at 25yds, so when I go to Linden to do a 50yd zero, I'd be close. It was darn close out of the box. Impressive, since I removed, and reinstalled, the handgaurd last night to wipe the oil off of the barrel. The rail is excellent! Light, solid, and nice sight. My only complaint was the amount of oil on it from the factory. Way too much. And I shared that with the rep I talked to yesterday when I called to get the torque settings for the rail. ;)

I will be at Linden Thursday afternoon if someone wants to check it out. :ingo:

Top Bottom