• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I work in Chicago. I have a really good friend who is a Chicago LEO. He stopped in yesterday morning to tell me all about his experience trying to register a handgun on Wednesday afternoon.

The first question he asked was, "Do I have to re-register all of my duty weapons under the new law?" The clerk responded "I don't know."

In the past Chicago LEO's were required to register all duty weapons only once, and were not charged a registration fee. They could register as many duty weapons as they wanted as long as they could show proof that they qualified with them.

The next question was, "I just purchased a new handgun, when can I register it?" The clerk responded "I don't know."

Chicago LEO's are permitted and required to register all non duty weapons. They are required to pay the registration fee, and the firearms must be re-registered every 2 years. Apparently that process has been suspended until the new ordinance information becomes available.

The next question was, "Do you have any idea when you will have more information?" The clerk responded "No."

The last question was, "Can I get a copy of the ordinance?" The clerk responded, "I haven't seen it yet, we have no documentation."

So, it would appear that Chicago rushed to pass a new handgun ordinance, but none of the information regarding the ordinance has filtered down to the front lines yet. This was the experience an LEO had, just imagine the treatment a Chicago citizen would have gotten.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    this is probably 100% the intention.

QFT...... Old political schemes.... red tape people out of their rights.

Mayor Daley and his cohorts have publicly announced this was going to be their new method of stripping the law abiding citizens of Chicago of their second amendment rights.

Sadly I'm not surprised at the depths they are sinking to.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom