• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got off the phone with my friend and real estate partner.

About 5am this morning he and his wife heard noises in the yard. Trusty little dog was growling and acting all manly too. So he grabs his Glock 34, which is his IDPA competition pistol and sees a guy in his fenced-in back yard trying to break into his garage.

His wife dialed the local police who respond in force. They arrive guns drawn and ask for my friends gun, he declines and says he is the homeowner. Cops keep guns drawn on him until he agrees to put the gun down. He does without issue. In the mean time the criminal is being taken into custody and placed in another car. Then there is some swearing by the officer at the car and a call for another car. The car arrives and it has the hard plastic back seat instead of a traditional padded seat. Our criminal, who we will now call "Mr Stinky Pants" is manhandled into the easily hosed down car and hauled away.

Homeowners dog keeps wandering over to, and sniffing, the spot in the yard where Mr Stinky Pants was forced, at gunpoint, to lay down :laugh:

Score another win for a homeowner with a gun :rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Oh, I should point out that the homeowner is an INGO member. He doesn't post on the forum, but he is a member. He has attended quite a few of the NWI INGO MEET & SHOOT events and also participates in the "Open Carry" nights at the 1101 Cigar Lounge.

I got him into handgunning a few years ago and several other INGO members got him into IDPA. He's done some IDPA training on my range. He grew up rifle hunting but never shot pistols until a few years ago.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the police told him to go back inside and put some pants on :thatshot:

Did the home owner confront the robber and defend his property, or did he simply wait for the cops to show up?
    Confronted and held the criminal at gunpoint, face down on the ground, until the police took over.

Melensdad....
    What are the nearest cross streets...
    Yeah, I'm in Hammond.
    He lives in the historic Forest Avenue district of Hammond almost on the state line, west of Hohman Ave, south of 169th.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It sound to me like there is a hoodlum that needs charged for both burglary and an EPA violation! :):

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did the perp come from a broken home where his aunt beat him with panty hose while she was watching Phil Donahue and smoking unfiltered camels? I'll bet that's what happened.

That sounds about right. Had she beaten him with something more substantial like a pick handle it may have done him some good!

Top Bottom