• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm not a member, and I've only been there once, for an IDPA match.
    Here's what I recall:

They had a pistol bay and a rifle bay. I didn't see any trap or skeet facilities, but there could have been.

The pistol bay was maybe 25 yards deep and probably that wide. It had a shelter of some sort, so you could get out of the sun or rain if needed.

I'm not sure how long the rifle range is. We shot down by the backstop, so I'm not sure where the firing points were. I only saw one bench, and it was down close to the backstop and we IDPA shooters used it for a table (which was probably why it was down there).

There is the typical gun club clubhouse. I don't know if there is running water or not, but I did see a porta potty.

Sorry I can't help you with more details. I was only there the one time and just for a few hours. But since nobody else responded yet, I thought I'd give you something in case nobody did.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for the replies fellas. I drive past this place pretty often, and wanted to see if anybody had any info.

Thanks again,
    ~Joe

They're fairly close to me. I'd be interested to know what the facility is like and what one can shoot there. Might have to stop by there sometime soon.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I shot an email to the treasurer (i.e. the only email address on the site) for some membership information. If I don't hear back from him in a couple of days, I will call him. If I get any good info, I will pass it along here.

~Joe

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I shot an email to the treasurer (i.e. the only email address on the site) for some membership information. If I don't hear back from him in a couple of days, I will call him. If I get any good info, I will pass it along here.

~Joe

Much obliged.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    If you don't hear anything from him, let me know, and I can probably dig up the emails for a couple of the IDPA guys there. Surely they could tell you something.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Here's the gist of the email I got back. I'll be at the next meeting (May 7):

If you wish to join the club you will need to come to the monthly meeting which is the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30. At that time you can see the grounds, and do all the paper work. Feel free to ask and questions about the club or IDPA.
    P.S. We are working on a new website.
    Thanks again guys,
    ~Joe

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Here's the gist of the email I got back. I'll be at the next meeting (May 7):

If you wish to join the club you will need to come to the monthly meeting which is the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30. At that time you can see the grounds, and do all the paper work. Feel free to ask and questions about the club or IDPA.
    P.S. We are working on a new website.
    Thanks again guys,
    ~Joe

blainepoe, are you still going to the meeting? I wanted to go and see what the range is like (a bit closer to me than Atlanta Conservation Club) but need to work late today. If you are going can you give your impression of the facility. Thanks

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Dangit, I was going to go to that, too, but as usual too many other things demand my time. *sigh*

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Yes I did go. It is not as big as atlanta (I have only been by it not to it), but it definitely seems like they have a tight knit group of guys (and girl) that really care about the club. Everyone I spoke to was really friendly and laid back (except the secretary but he obviously had his work cut out for him.) It's basically a small local club that does run monthly idpa and other events. They also seem family-oriented.

As far as the range they have a modest range that will go up to 100 yards where you can shoot pistol, shotgun, and HP rifle up to .30 caliber I believe. There is no skeet or trap allowed.

To join the club you have to attend three meetings/competitions/andor work details. You may then submit an application and be voted in by the club. Club requirements include NRA membership and obviously dues. You are also expected to attend the regular monthly meetings to stay in good standing. They are revamping there website that is being hosted at hcfg.us and will be up in June/July. (The link goes to their current, shoddy website.)

I am going to try and attend the IDPA competition on Sat if I don't have to work. I am going to become a member if I can make my schedule work out.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm going to try hard to make the next meeting. My daughter had a volleyball game last night and she takes precedence over everything else.

It would be nice to have a place to shoot my AR (and possibly a future AK) that doesn't involve a trip all the way down to Atterbury, especially with gas pushing four bucks.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I'm not a member, but I've checked them out recently. They are a good group and for me a very convenient location. They meet the first Wednesday of each month at 7pm (I think). You have to attend 3 consecutive meetings to qualify for a membership and the first year is $150 ($100 after the 1st year).

I also checked out the Fall Creek Conservation Club near Pendleton. They allow you to sign up on-site and start shooting that day. They charge a 1 time fee of $50 and then $45 per year for a family membership. They have a range for just about everything.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom