• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Earlier this year I heard the announcement of a training center for law enforcement to be built in Westfield – complete with shooting range.

Yesterday’s Westfield paper had details of the layout of the new facility.

So I see that we have an opportunity for public use of the range. What happens next depends on all of us.

What we need –

• Get the word out, get public support.
    • Find out who we need to contact (Westfield town council, mayor, LE, etc.) to get the ball rolling.
    • Establish specific goals and objectives of public use of the range.
    • Gain political support from elected officials, law enforcement, etc.
    • Plan a presentation for our elected and other officials and get discussions going.
    • Put together an architecture through which public use of the range can be supported. They (whoever “they” are) aren’t going to have the time to run a public range.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm in Noblesville, used to live in Westfield, if someone tells me what they need, I'll help! I'll get the neighbors involved too.

neraph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    I'm in Noblesville, used to live in Westfield, if someone tells me what they need, I'll help! I'll get the neighbors involved too.

For anyone who didn't read the article. The proposed location is actually in Noblesville on land owned by the City of Westfield. It's the southeast corner of 160th and River Road.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Set it up like Indy parks pistol range.

A few paid RO's and volunteer Ro's to run the line. Daily rate/10-visit/season passes.

It would bring in enough money to make it worth while for the city.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Set it up like Indy parks pistol range.

A few paid RO's and volunteer Ro's to run the line. Daily rate/10-visit/season passes.

It would bring in enough money to make it worth while for the city.

+1
    Offer it to the city in that fashion. Civilian ROs (believe me, civi is good), lightly paid to maintain safety. WELL worth it to the city.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good luck with this range being open ( to the public ).

Doesn't Brownsburg have a new million+ dollar LEO training and range facility?

And it just sits there unused and looking politically correct.

TK

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    It's not just going to be a Westfield thing..........all the bigger municipalities are going in on it to keep us from having to go to ILEA for some of the stuff.

As I have been told: Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Hamilton County SD, and Westfield are all going in on this together. It has been talked about for years and has been shot down a couple times, I will belive it when I see it.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    With tight budgets across the board, I don't see the money being appropriated at this time for the range unless some kind of grant can be gotten to help with the costs.
    I wish the Indiana Gun club on 113th st would build an indoor firing range for handguns. Sporting clays are fun and all, but sometimes you want to be able to shoot rifle, shotgun, and handguns all at the same place!!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    With tight budgets across the board, I don't see the money being appropriated at this time for the range unless some kind of grant can be gotten to help with the costs.
    I wish the Indiana Gun club on 113th st would build an indoor firing range for handguns. Sporting clays are fun and all, but sometimes you want to be able to shoot rifle, shotgun, and handguns all at the same place!!

^^^^ I'm for this too!!

Top Bottom