• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    You know if SHTF really does happen, imagine all the people that will die of diabetes in the first 6 months, might be enough to impact the job market and open up a ton of jobs. Thus there would be less unemployment, and tons of homes would open up, making it a buyers market and reducing home values making them easier to afford.

Gotta look at the bright side people.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I agree its a very serious thing and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did become that big of a problem. In fact I thought about quitting my office job to go to a more physical job even though it pays less for just this reason. Ever since I work at a computer all day I have gained weight. All every one does is eat in here. So I bring my lunch and limit how much I eat a day but with food and vending machines around every corner with all the good stuff it is so hard to resist. On top of that, you got people walking around handing out food and candy. Its killing me literally.

I'm not overweight but maybe about fifteen pounds but thats hard to believe when I was skinny as a rail two years ago and have a high metabolism.

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    Do any of you have diabetes now? Well I do and its a real pain. It runs in my family. I don't drink pop. Most of the time water. Maybe 1 or 2 beers after work on Friday. I walk a mile or more everyday. Eat a cup of this or that for a meal is no fun. No matter what you do sometimes your blood sugar goes up and down. There is nothing funny about diabetes.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Do any of you have diabetes now? Well I do and its a real pain. It runs in my family. I don't drink pop. Most of the time water. Maybe 1 or 2 beers after work on Friday. I walk a mile or more everyday. Eat a cup of this or that for a meal is no fun. No matter what you do sometimes your blood sugar goes up and down. There is nothing funny about diabetes.

My dad is pre-diabetic. He used to eat like the average person, which is to say, like total crap. I think people need to take a much more serious look at the way they live. I didn't intend for this to be a funny thread, but the comedians just like to follow me around and laugh at me since my sister was harmed by vaccines. Good times as usual.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Despite all the gloom and doom predictions, there has never been a proven cause for diabetes. All they have are "statistics". It is known however that diabetes is actually an auto-immune system malfunction. In type 2, the body for some unknown reason decides the insulin hormone itself is the enemy and becomes resistant to it. In type 1, the body decides that the insulin producing cells in the pancreas are the enemy and they are destroyed by the body's own defense system. Again, nobody really knows why.

About 12 years ago I was pretty much a health nut. I didn't have a spartan diet but I ate healthy. I was running 10 miles at a time 3 or 4 days a week. In short, I was in the best shape of my life. With no warning whatsoever, I had a sudden onset of type 1 diabetes. This is commonly referred to as "juvenile" diabetes. I was in my early thirties and went from being completely healthy to being totally insulin dependent in less than a few weeks.

No explanation has ever been offered by any doctor as to why this happened. Maybe at some point in the future they might be able to explain it. Right now the simple fact is that they just don't know.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    +1 suprtek. this along with many other things like cancer aren't predictable, there are logical common sense things you can do to lower your chances of being stricken with an ailment but no definitive things that will prevent diseases 100%. up until I was diagnosed with cancer in my teens the only thing I had EVER gotten sick with was strep throat, no known allergies or anything else i was the picture of health then one day blammo! cancer. my love of sugar and candy in particular is legendary and even in the hospital my oncologists would tell me I'm gonna get diabetes if I didn't cut out the sugar. well 12 years and one cancer free body later I'm still the charlie sheen of candy and have not contracted diabetes yet. the point of this post? you can't predict everything and I would much rather live happy the way I want then live my life in fear of what might be 2 weeks or twenty years down the road.:twocents:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I thought AIDS was going to get into the heterosexual community and kill half the population of the US off by now... I think I might detect a pattern here, but I am not quite sure...

No, the government steals, I mean the citizens give, their money and we turn around and give it to other folks to "find a cure." Sometimes cures are found, sometimes not. With AIDS, we found treatments. All it takes is for government funded "assistance" with AIDS meds, gov. regulations that likely force insurance companies to treat HIV+ folks, etc. to stop, and these people will likely not live much longer.

The same thing will happen with obesity. It will be come epidemic, more and more people will get sick of paying $400-$600/month in healthcare. Government will take over healthcare, and we will all pay $400-$600/month in taxes. We will "save" folks who should have been dead years, decades ago due to their poor living habits.

You know if SHTF really does happen, imagine all the people that will die of diabetes in the first 6 months....

If there is ever a true collapse or breakdown of society, millions are going to die, very quickly. There won't even be mass grave burials, more like mass cremations. :(

Top Bottom