• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Went to Greenwood Gander Mtn. (first mistake) to shoot the sh*t and look at some guns. Saw a nice Smith and Wesson 5906 that they figured was nice as well and worth about $500. Saw a nicely priced Ruger 10/22 for $200. Anyways, I come down the aisle and this woman is aiming down this Sig's sights....which are zeroed right on my chest :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad: Not to mention, her finger is on the trigger mashing the DAO repeatedly.
    I didn't say anything because I was frustrated and WAY too pissed to without getting into trouble. She's very lucky I didn't draw down on her as well and mash MY Sig's DAO trigger. Seriously guys, I nearly jumped a foot into the air when I looked up and saw that. BIG -1 to that woman. She broke nearly all of the four gun handling rules. THE FIREARM IS ALWAYS LOADED. BEWARE OF YOUR BACKSTOP. DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    The bright side...

On the positive side...1) it wasn't loaded and you're not in the hospital with a penetrating head wound! 2) You didn't kill anyone in perceived self-defense only to find out later she was just a stupid person, not an attacker! 3) good price on the 10/22. :cool:

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Went to Greenwood Gander Mtn. (first mistake) to shoot the sh*t and look at some guns. Saw a nice Smith and Wesson 5906 that they figured was nice as well and worth about $500. Saw a nicely priced Ruger 10/22 for $200. Anyways, I come down the aisle and this woman is aiming down this Sig's sights....which are zeroed right on my chest :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad: Not to mention, her finger is on the trigger mashing the DAO repeatedly.
    I didn't say anything because I was frustrated and WAY too pissed to without getting into trouble. She's very lucky I didn't draw down on her as well and mash MY Sig's DAO trigger. Seriously guys, I nearly jumped a foot into the air when I looked up and saw that. BIG -1 to that woman. She broke nearly all of the four gun handling rules. THE FIREARM IS ALWAYS LOADED. BEWARE OF YOUR BACKSTOP. DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

I always look down the sights and try a trigger before I buy a gun. It's not her fault you walked into the aisle.

She is SOOO lucky you 'didn't draw down on her'. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You knew what you were getting into when you went to Gander Mountain.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    GOOD things.
    1) you didn't make an asterisk out of yourself and blow her out of the water and leave her thinking all gun owners are jerks.
    2) You got home safely.:yesway:
    BAD things.
    1) You didn't gently correct and teach her anything.
    2)Gander Mtn still sucks.:dunno:

Good price on the 10/22 if it had metal trigger and wasn't krinkle coated.
    I wouldn't give :twocents: for one of the plastic trigger group krinkle paint variety.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I always look down the sights and try a trigger before I buy a gun. It's not her fault you walked into the aisle.

She is SOOO lucky you 'didn't draw down on her'. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You knew what you were getting into when you went to Gander Mountain.

Oh so it's my fault she was handling guns without knowing what in the heck he was doing? I always aim over the counter at the wall or up at the ceiling when handling any type of firearm.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    QUOTE]

So point it at the ceiling, b4 you coonfinger it. :draw: Or did you assume that I would see purple there.:):

Well I always point it at the floor, but even that doesn't help.

I was at Bradis one time, checking out the 92G's, I believe, NOBODY to the right of me, all the way through the building, aimed it that direction [toward the wheel gun section] checked the trigger once or twice [after both the clerk and I having check the chamber several times, of course] all while aimed at the floor about a foot away from me, when a young man in a hoodie comes up, bends over, and inspects a gun in the case on the bottom shelf. :n00b:

Maybe it wasn't the 92G, though.... can't recall, go there too often.

Very strange days. Sorry for the run on, don't feel like editing.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Well I always point it at the floor, but even that doesn't help.

I was at Bradis one time, checking out the 92G's, I believe, NOBODY to the right of me, all the way through the building, aimed it that direction [toward the wheel gun section] checked the trigger once or twice [after both the clerk and I having check the chamber several times, of course] all while aimed at the floor about a foot away from me, when a young man in a hoodie comes up, bends over, and inspects a gun in the case on the bottom shelf. :n00b:

Maybe it wasn't the 92G, though.... can't recall, go there too often.

Very strange days. Sorry for the run on, don't feel like editing.

what does the hoodie have to do with anything? :dunno:

seriously though, if it was me it was probably because i was mad at my wife and wanted to end it all. :laugh:

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh so it's my fault she was handling guns without knowing what in the heck he was doing? I always aim over the counter at the wall or up at the ceiling when handling any type of firearm.

Well I'm in the habit of never aiming a handgun or rifle into the air and pulling the trigger, rather take my chances with the floor.

No, I would say it is your fault for going to a place where.. less than experienced/knowledgeable people operate and supervise the operation of firearms and become so enraged at poor handling that you thought murdering someone was the best way to resolve the issue. I think it's your fault you drove all the way home, probably fuming, excited to start this thread, when, as was suggested earlier, you could have made it a learning opportunity. Or, realized that people like that will ALWAYS exist and will SOMETIMES unfortunately hurt people. Realize you are okay, you can go home to your family and have a nice night.

Not trying to pick a fight here at all, it is what I would call unacceptable, but this stuff happens all the time, we see the threads all the time. You know what to expect. Either do something about it, ignore it, or go home ne'er to return.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    what does the hoodie have to do with anything? :dunno:

seriously though, if it was me it was probably because i was mad at my wife and wanted to end it all. :laugh:

Nothing, just a description. He wasn't an ''urban youth'' or anything you might think I was implying. He didn't have the hood on. He was an unshaved 20-something heavy set hillbilly type.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I always aim upward inside, even if just sighting. Upward isn't the problem inside that it is outside. A lot of floors are concrete, and you'll get a nice ricochet, which totally negates your aim. Never horizontal, though.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Oh hell OP, lighten up a bit. Not everyone is a pro with guns and besides when your in a gun shop people are going to trying them out.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I hope 50%+ of your post was meant to be in purple.

When you go into a place of business like that in a well-manned environment,
    I wouldn't be so concerned that this happened.

Good? Of course not. The best course of action would've been to inform safety in some way.
    At the least, if it bothered me that much, I'd have notified the associate helping the customer to make sure
    they're not aimlessly pointing in the direction of other customers. That's all there is to it.

And it certainly would've been problematic had you pulled your firearm.

I totally get your vent (and understand why), but even the thought of you pulling your firearm in that situation concerns me.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was at an indoor gun store range years ago. Guy walks up to me, while I am reloading, and says his pistol is jammed. All the while he is pointing it directly at me. I told him *not* to do that again and to go ask a store employee for help! Good times.

Top Bottom