• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    I don't have the option, in my area, to rent/test a handgun via the shop or a range I might be interested in purchasing. I'm looking to buy one or the other (H&K USP 9mm / Sig P226 9mm) but I've not had the chance to fire either. I've held each and both feel good in hand but I was wondering if any of you could offer any comparisons in regards to the way the gun "handles". It would be largely geared towards range shooting but could occasionally find it's way into a carry holster.

**I scrolled through a few pages and didn't see a similiar topic and using the search bar didn't turn over any responses.

Cheers

Jeckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Greenwood
    I've shot both H&K and Sig 226 in .40 cal. Both guns fit my hand well, and I shot both pretty much the same. I ultimately decided on the P2000 SK because for me the P2000 SK was more comfortable as a lefty.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have owned one Sig, a P250 in .45, and wasn't all that impressed with it. I don't like the mag release on the HK stuff either. If I was going to get a full size 9mm it would be a CZ75.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Both are excellent handguns. I would take the HK hands down. That's just me, I have never had a bad experience with a HK. My last USP .45 had over 27,000 rounds through it when I sold it. Shot a crap ton of reloaded lead through it with it always running good and very accurate. I like the 226 and 228 too, just if I had to choose, I would pick the HK.
    The Sig P250, as mentioned above...that's another story. :)

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I don't have the option, in my area, to rent/test a handgun via the shop or a range I might be interested in purchasing. I'm looking to buy one or the other (H&K USP 9mm / Sig P226 9mm) but I've not had the chance to fire either. I've held each and both feel good in hand but I was wondering if any of you could offer any comparisons in regards to the way the gun "handles". It would be largely geared towards range shooting but could occasionally find it's way into a carry holster.

**I scrolled through a few pages and didn't see a similiar topic and using the search bar didn't turn over any responses.

Cheers

I have H & K & SIG, I rather have the H&K, cause it has a frame mounted safety:yesway:

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I have a hk p2000 and much prefer the hk over the sig line. Sig has seemed to be declining in the quality department in the last few years.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Both are stellar pistols with VERY well proven records. The USP always felt a little "bigger" to me. I personally shoot the 226 a little better but the USP offers several variants in terms of action type and safeties, something worth considering.

IMHO you would not regret either choice.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I CAN NOT shoot an HK. My left thumb sits on the slide release. I really, really want to like them. But alas, I can not.

You should REALLY check out the higher end CZ's. They might be the best value in handguns these days. That is coming from a Sig guy.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I really like my USP... but if I had that choice, I'd take the Sig P226. I don't like safeties, they get in the way. The Sig's decocker is also out of the way enough that you won't have to adjust your grip at all. Plus its an all metal frame which I like, and it should take a beating.

I'll still never sell my USP though. I'd just buy the Sig FIRST if I were you. Buy the USP Next!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Sig has seemed to be declining in the quality department in the last few years.

How so??!:dunno: That is news to me. I have owned 3 Sig 226s, 2 229s, 2 239s, & 1 P6. Never ever did I have any problems with any of them. I have owned 2 HKs also(USPc 45& USPc 357). They are great guns also. I don't think you can go wrong with either:ingo:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd go SIG. If you think you might carry it, I'd go SIG P228 - next to the 1911 it may be the most natural pointing pistol ever made. I very much like the older, all steel SIGs though, so I may be biased.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I really like my USP... but if I had that choice, I'd take the Sig P226. I don't like safeties, they get in the way.

You do realize that HK makes each gun in about a dozen variations to include and not include a safety?

I sold my 229 to fund my P2000sk. Now I have three HKs and no more Sigs. I do not feel like I am missing out on anything.

Another thing that was pointed out to me on Sigs and has bugged me ever since.....the wobble in the hammer while at rest. It just seems weird to have that much play on that expensive of a gun.....

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    You do realize that HK makes each gun in about a dozen variations to include and not include a safety?

I sold my 229 to fund my P2000sk. Now I have three HKs and no more Sigs. I do not feel like I am missing out on anything.

Another thing that was pointed out to me on Sigs and has bugged me ever since.....the wobble in the hammer while at rest. It just seems weird to have that much play on that expensive of a gun.....

True, I can get it with or without a safety. But I can't get it without the lever. Every variation has the lever.

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Our Sheriffs Office carries a P226 (I was a reserve deputy for 6 yrs) and I own a few other Sigs. I also sell far many more Sigs than HK's in my shop so that would be my choice. However I would look for an older West German model as I believe they are higher quality than the newer ones. Of course as has been stated you really won't go wrong with either one HK is a fine weapon.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

Cheers

I wouldn't trade my Taurus PT92AFS for either one of them.

Top Bottom