• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Hey, I just got back from getting a double mag holster for my PPS at H&H Firearms in Fort Wayne. They offer a Basic Handgun Certified Class Level One, and I was wondering if anyone has taken this class. If not, any guidance on whether it's a good deal or not is greatly appreciated. I would like to get training by a site supporter, but I haven't been able to find any listed for the Fort Wayne area.

It costs $250.00, which seems steep, but it includes a lot of things:

100rds of 22lr
    50rds of 38spl
    150rds of 9mm
    A set of eye and ear protection
    Range time
    Targets
    One on one instruction
    Class lectures and a certificate of completion

It is also taught by a certified NRA instructor (no name provided).

The guy behind the counter said that the class is 8 hours (usually separated into two 4 hour chunks on different days). I'm not sure, but it seems like a fair price for all you get. I have never had any instruction before and I have minimal shooting experience, so I really want to take some kind of class to get me started.

By the way, the rumors of bad service are greatly exaggerated. I didn't feel out of place or talked down to at all.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Greg Stier used to do this class. If he still does this class, it would be very much "worth it". The height impaired, broken back, worn out old man is one of my best friends and has a lot of knowledge to impart. I'll ask him....

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Greg Stier used to do this class. If he still does this class, it would be very much "worth it". The height impaired, broken back, worn out old man is one of my best friends and has a lot of knowledge to impart. I'll ask him....

Thanks, I'm interested to find out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What does the "certified" part mean in "Basic Handgun Certified Class Level One"?

Hey, I just got back from getting a double mag holster for my PPS at H&H Firearms in Fort Wayne. They offer a Basic Handgun Certified Class Level One, and I was wondering if anyone has taken this class. If not, any guidance on whether it's a good deal or not is greatly appreciated. I would like to get training by a site supporter, but I haven't been able to find any listed for the Fort Wayne area.

It costs $250.00, which seems steep, but it includes a lot of things:

100rds of 22lr
    50rds of 38spl
    150rds of 9mm
    A set of eye and ear protection
    Range time
    Targets
    One on one instruction
    Class lectures and a certificate of completion

It is also taught by a certified NRA instructor (no name provided).

The guy behind the counter said that the class is 8 hours (usually separated into two 4 hour chunks on different days). I'm not sure, but it seems like a fair price for all you get. I have never had any instruction before and I have minimal shooting experience, so I really want to take some kind of class to get me started.

By the way, the rumors of bad service are greatly exaggerated. I didn't feel out of place or talked down to at all.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

There's more:
    Greg looks like Mr. MaGoo, is a Sergeant on the Fort Wayne PD, heads up the bomb squad with a truck full of all the latest toys, and has more fun than should be legal.

Greg has been the best shooter on the Fort Wayne PD and wins just about every match he shoots. You would never know it by looking at him!

Finally, I would never, ever pay Greg to show me anything!! :D

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    That doesn't sound like an NRA class set-up. No disrespect to the instructor, but like 'em or not, the NRA has guidelines to be followed to be considered an "NRA" certified class.... if an NRA cert is what's being offered.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    There's more:
    Greg looks like Mr. MaGoo, is a Sergeant on the Fort Wayne PD, heads up the bomb squad with a truck full of all the latest toys, and has more fun than should be legal.

Greg has been the best shooter on the Fort Wayne PD and wins just about every match he shoots. You would never know it by looking at him!

Finally, I would never, ever pay Greg to show me anything!! :D

He not only looks like Mr. MaGoo, he talks like him. There have been tmes that he was not the best shooter on the FWPD. I am capable of outshooting him. But we are both getting old and worn out.

Seriously though, he has a serious physical problem right now. I might have to bring him beer for a few months. I am willing to do it...

He says that he is not giving classes at H&H anymore, so I don't know who is the NRA certified instructor at H&H.

Top Bottom