• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I'm looking for someone who can do the finish reaming/headspacing on my Project Mauser. Depending on how much it costs, it's probably not worth buying the tools to do it myself.

Prefer someone local to Indianapolis.

Suggestions?

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    There is a guy on the SW corner of Indy who is somewhat of a Mauser guru. His shop is off Kentucky ave. I don't have his name or the shop contact info but I'll try to get it for you.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Gary Growe down in Columbus is supposed to be a wizard with rifles. That is as close to Indy as I know of for a riflesmith.

If you don't mind shipping it, I always recommend Neil Keller in Decatur - Kustom Ballistics

Little late to this party, but I'd heard different things about Gary lately, mainly still in business or not... (I live in Columbus)
    From my local shop owner, still in business, sometimes extra busy, and still doing some contract work for the SEALS I am told.
    I don't have his number, but apparently others do...

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    this waz the closest site i could find to the ? i have eeven though i think i know the answer and feel dumb asking. when i go to mod my mossburg 500a the parts i get that say mosburg 500 are the same and will fit right?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    this waz the closest site i could find to the ? i have eeven though i think i know the answer and feel dumb asking. when i go to mod my mossburg 500a the parts i get that say mosburg 500 are the same and will fit right?

Yes, Mossberg 500 parts should fit.

You should try posting a new thread in the long gun section. Click the "new thread" icon in the upper left corner of the long gun forum. You will be amazed at how many answers you will get. I apologize if you already knew this.

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    lol yeah i did just didnt want to make one for something that i should know and that would make me look stupid. already know i will get a few calls tonight or in the morning for this post

Top Bottom