• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    Yup, I'm needing a gunsmith. Actually anyone with knowledge of the older Mossberg 10/22 rifle triggers. I'll even accept pictures of the assembly process. I live in Marshall county and work in Elkhart county. I've been wandering around the webz with no luck. Maybe a repair manual? Otherwise all I have is a metal stick with some nice wood stuck to it.:(

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    Citadel Tactical, a new store in Michigan City, is planning on opening up a smithing shop. I believe the owner currently does gun smithing on the side.. You might want to check them out..

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    Thanks! That's three possibles to check out While I was in town tonight a fellow mentioned a gunsmith in Bremen. Might be the same one you mentioned, red_zr24x4.
    Belcher's will be at the gunshow in South Bend this weekend.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    There's a gun show in South Bend this weekend? Fair grounds or Century Center?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Can you describe what you've done to your 10/22?

There are plenty of knowledgeable folks aboard here who might be able to help you out.

There's not much on a 10/22 that requires a gunsmith, actually. There are a few dozen small parts, certainly, but they're all simple and all go together simply.

And if something can't be eyeballed here on INGO, there are plenty of folks with strong Google-Fu who might be able to rustle up a video or two to help.

So...what's the issue?

-J-

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    Yes there is a gunshow at St. Joseph fairgrounds .
    Apr 21-22 South Bend, St Joseph County 4H Fairgrounds, Gun & Knife Show 260-483-6144 CPI Inc

Indy_Guy, I was going to take some pictures, so I re-assembled the trigger and lo - it worked!:) In hindsight, I was evaluating the fit using a slightly smaller pivot pin for the trigger. For the pictures I wanted it as it should be. Well, I tried it and it tripped fine. Remounted the barrel and put a round in the chamber, went outside and it fired and ejected perfectly. Whew! you did the trick Indy_Guy :D Now, where do want me to send the check? :):

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    It's a 60 year old model 152 I too thought I'd find something useful on Google.
    but hey, it goes bang and it'll be fun.

That changes things. It looks like the Mossberg 152 was to the 151, what the Marlin 70, is to the 60.

Check out the information at these links. (some of it may be redundant)

Short comparison

written instructions

Numrich gunsmithing forum

Original Manual

http://stevespages.com/pdf/mossberg_151k.pdf

Gotta find IndySig, or Harley Nolden

More manual pitchers

Top Bottom