• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I"m just back from the Gunsite 3 day defensive pistol class put on by Ken Campbell and Jay Tuttle this weekend at the Boone county Sheriff's dept range.. I'm still a little overwhelmed but I can tell you it was one of the most enjoyable and interesting classes I've taken in my life.. I don't know if they have any more of these classes this year but IMHO it's well worth the money spent and time invested if you want the chance to do things you have never done before and learn how much you really don't know. These guys are "real world" knowledgeable and spend a lot of time with each student getting things right. I would be happy to give Ken and Jay a +1 but they deserve a +10 for their efforts.. Keep up the great work guys.
    Gunsite: Home for info.

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    I completely agree, took the class last year and it improved my skills tremendously and taught me tools to continue to work on my shooting and my mindset!!!

Everyone I know who has worked with Ken and Jay sing their praises. If you can't spend the time or money going to Gunsite 250 in Arizona, definitely go to Gunsite 150 in Lebanon, IN.

I will go back soon!!!!

Cheers....GSquared

hubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    NW Indy
    I also took the class this past weekend. Ken and Jay are terrific and you can do no better for their personalized, individual instruction. My learning and skills improved tremendously. Make time to take this class. You will not regret it. And, they work your butt off.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Top notch training from some top notch instructors. Take the class and you will never regret it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Question for those that have attended. Are knee / elbow pads recommended?

I didn't take any, and was just fine.

There is a section (Day 3 IIRC) that involves shooting around barriers and from kneeling. Some knee pads could come in handy if your knees are sensitive, but I personally didn't miss not having them.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I didn't do the Gunsite 150, but I did the Intro to Defensive Pistol, which was 2 days. I loved it. And I learned so much. Sheriff Campbell is a GREAT teacher.

Top Bottom