• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I am in my mid 20's and have been dreaming about all the guns I would buy when I finally make the big bucks since I was 5 years old. Well now Obama is probably going to stifle my AMERICAN DREAM (along with many many others). As gun lovers and collectors I thought I would get your opinion.

I want firearms that are probably going to be outlawed if a new AWB would be passed(10+ mag, evil black rifle ect.). Please just leave the politics out of this, if it does if it doesn't I don't care I am just going to get these for just in case it does.

The guns I currently own that will probably be on Obama's "evil list" are:

2 AR-15 with tons of Pmags
    XDM 9mm (4-19 round clips)
    m44 [in process of buying]
    Remington 870 (10 round extension) [in process of buying]

Guns that probably won't on "evil list" but currently own:
    G27
    Winchester Super X3
    22/410 overunder

What else should I add to my childhood dream before it is cut short? Total cost needs to be kept under $1,500. Although I may sell the cheaper AR-15 and G27 so it could go up if need be.

I was thinking maybe a SKS (although don't know much about them), and an ak-47, among others. Also, any more hand guns that you just have to have with 10+ mags?

Thanks for your suggestions

[And yes I am currently stockpiling ammo as well as looking into starting to reload so I will be able to shoot these wonderful items]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Anything that fires, make no mistake, he and his minions will not stop until everything is gone, or regulated into obsolescence!:xmad:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    The way it seems to go, anything imported will get bought up first. The AKs the HKs FALs and Steyr Augs, then anything "affordable" gets bought up next, AKs, AR lowers, Mags, Hi Caps, Ammo, Finally the Expensive Stuff, AR 10s, 308s, etc.

We know not what the future brings, so get Exactly what you want, configured exactly the way you want it, NOW. Then go for the maybes and the nice to haves.

I was in my mid 20s the last time the AWB passed and I kicked myself for 10 years for not getting what was for sale then. Now we have a window, I'm not making the same mistake. Next AWB will be permanent like the 1986 ban on MGs.

Last edited:

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Anything that fires, make no mistake, he and his minions will not stop until everything is gone, or regulated into obsolescence!

I wouldn't be too sure about your "not on his list" guns. They support bans on semi-autos, any and all.

:twocents:

No offense, because you both are right, but HELPFUL suggestions would apprecated.

We can go all day with what MAY happen. I am just looking at this as if a AWB were passed like in its current form thats suggested what firearms I would you want if you were not going to be able to buy them anymore.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    The way it seems to go, anything imported will get bought up first. The AKs the HKs FALs and Steyr Augs, then anything "affordable" gets bought up next, AKs, AR lowers, Mags, Hi Caps, Ammo, Finally the Expensive Stuff, AR 10s, 308s, etc.

We know not what the future brings, so get Exactly what you want, configured exactly the way you want it, NOW. Then go for the maybes and the nice to haves.

I was in my mid 20s the last time the AWB passed and I kicked myself for 10 years for not getting what was for sale then. Now we have a window, I'm not making the same mistake. Next AWB will be permanent like the 1986 ban on MGs.

Thank you for the helpful response. What firearms would you have got in 1994, if you had to do over again and assuming there was no sunset provision?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Based on what you already have, next in line might be AK. Also, If you know what handgun you want in the future, buy extra hi-cap mags for it first, if you can find them.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Thank you for the helpful response. What firearms would you have got in 1994, if you had to do over again and assuming there was no sunset provision?
    Personally, I had a thing for HKs and ARs, I would have acquired an MP5 SD, or an AR15, but since the sunset, you can now get ARs easily. The cost of components has gone up since the election, but you can still buy an AR15 lower and any upper configuration you want (I think they'll go after rails, foregrips, lights and lasers, flash supressors, bayonetts, not so much EOTechs, but maybe ???,) Anything imported, AK underfolders, FALs, HKs, will be immediately outlawed without any legislation (read: executive branch has the power to impact treaties) so if you want something foreign, get it first. Anything domestic can be outlawed next, so new manufacture will be hard to get: Larue mounts, Vectors arms uzis, Tapco, KVAR, etc. Get your AK parts NOW!!!, finally, speculation will drive up the price of anything domestic, already in production, AR Mags, 10+ Cap mags, Pistolsl, and NFA stuff, short skirts for white girls, you name it.

Best bet is to figure out what you really want, then get it NOW!

shark29er

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    what all was in the ban

I didn't really pay much attention to the ban when it was on (just not much of an enthusiast at the time). But were things like a hi cap magazine--like from HK or Para included?

What was the limit for handguns like those?

bang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What's a cheap AR? I'm thinking those days are numbered.
    NEVER sell, always buy. ;)
    At the very minimum, buy more ammo.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Yesterday Bradis had 4 SKS and 1 AK47 left. They're goin quick.

SKS is a great place to start if you're lookin for cheap fun. $250 at Bradis, another $40-60 for a nice stock.

I actually bought an SKS there just over a week ago. Nice little gun - very happy with it (with a new stock). So if you're looking for a "what would you buy" there ya go :)

My next buy, before a possible ban, is an AK47. If you go the AK47 route, in my opinion, you should make sure you get 7.62x32 ammunition. It's cheapER than other ammo and readily available. Just my opinion.

The AK47 at Bradis is $480ish if I remember correctly.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville

Amen Brother! I still dream of the deas I "could" have got in the 80's

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Get an SKS or two, if you are shorter than 6' then an AK is a good option. I am 6', and all of my AKs I can not shoot well because they were built for a shorter person, consider the country of origin. The SKS holds tighter groups at longer distances. The mechanical stability and reliability of the SKS is amazingly impressive and very simple.
    Personally I have Chinese SKS rifles, and Russian AK rifles, and I will not switch to another "place of origin" as far as the manufacturing country.
    Sling poo at me if you wish, but I have more faith in the SKS then I do any of the ARs I have owned.
    Act quick though, 38special is right, they fly out the door when they hit the rack!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Might as well buy two of everything you've ever wanted. Bury them all in a pasture or under a lake.

I've heard Obama plans to come to every gun owners home and personally disarm them. Apparently he gets a kick out of it.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Buy anything that's easily concealable.

J frames, subcompact semi-auto pistols, long guns with folding stocks (for storage).

Josh <><

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I'd go for high cap magazines first as they will sky rocket in price under a ban. Ar-15 stripped lowers don't cost a lot and you can build them into rifles later. I'd get an AK just because they are fun to shoot and they're sure to be on his short list. You may also want to consider reloading supplies just in case they pass the Ted Kennedy extreme version of the AWB. There's nothing to stop them from doing that as they control the senate and house. When clinton was in office he used every trick in the book to bleed gun manufacturers dry by legal actions. He even had HUD suing them for gun violence in the projects. He had the CDC saying that guns were a major cause of death and injury like they were a disease. He banned the sale of surplus M-16 magazines that were due to be cycled out of use. Make no mistake, these people have a long range agenda that cannot succeed unless eveyone that opposes them is disarmed. The person that concerns me the most is Rahm Emanuel. This guy is the ultimate schemer and he is no doubt the brains and ambition behind the throne.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Everything will be targeted. Imports, high-caps, assault rifles, easily concealed handguns, non-bolt action rifles, high powered rifles...I don't think it will stop. I have a "thing" for the P226 right now so I am going to get a .357sig and .40 SW to go with my 9mm and all the high cap mags I can get.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom