• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Not sure about you but I have loved classical music since I was a child. My father played it incessantly and I fell in love with many pieces. My favorites always ended up being those pieces about war and battles.

Even better are the 1812 overture (by Tchaikovsky) and Wellington's Victory (by Beethoven) where guns are actually used in the performance.

There is a CD out that you absolutely must get your hands on. It contains those pieces of music together and after each one is commentary by the legendary Deems Taylor. He not only explains some about the piece but goes through the sounds of the guns, the type used, how they were used and the equipment used to pick up the sounds of the blasts. Brilliant stuff.

If you buy it or own it, let me know. I own a copy but loaned it out to a friend. I want it back!

Amazon.com: Tchaikovsky: 1812 Festival Overture; Capriccio Italien; Beethoven: Wellington's Victory: Ludwig van Beethoven, Spoken Word, Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky, Antal Dorati, David Hall, Harold Lawrence, University of Minnesota Brass Band,

Top Bottom