Guns being stolen out of police cars in Indy’s nicest neighborhoods?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    How in the hell do modern cop cars not have instant audible and remote dispatch alarms with full view cameras? My 7 year old BMW can give me a top down view inside a carwash, and night vision front view.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Looking at the video it’s an older neighborhood with large lots and large trees. Gives the criminals an advantage.
    Well, those are only an advantage if they're unoccupied. Allegedly.

How in the hell do modern cop cars not have instant audible and remote dispatch alarms with full view cameras? My 7 year old BMW can give me a top down view inside a carwash, and night vision front view.
    Equipment difference, and the resulting price difference.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Things haven't changed a bit. I am personally aware of 2 police car break-ins with firearms stolen back in the late 1990s.
    I visited a friend over ten years ago and his police car was in the garage and his personal cars were out in the drive and street. When asked why he said to keep the thieves from stealing his gear…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

$$$

And if they do get them, INGO will have a thread about how it's Big Brother and Ford is the devil for putting the tech in the police car to start with.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    $$$

And if they do get them, INGO will have a thread about how it's Big Brother and Ford is the devil for putting the tech in the police car to start with.
    At least Ford probably knows the difference between developing speed sensor/reporting technology and camera/vehicle security technology that has existed for years. Unlike some on INGO who can't imagine that new technology could ever be used for something other than its intended purpose.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I could have said “Indy Metro”, but I think you guys know what I mean. It’s all one big, more and more contiguous problem that’s getting bigger and more contiguous.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It should be legal for all car owners to have the same security features as on Mad Max’s car.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    At least Ford probably knows the difference between developing speed sensor/reporting technology and camera/vehicle security technology that has existed for years. Unlike some on INGO who can't imagine that new technology could ever be used for something other than its intended purpose.

Technology doesn't stand still even if you don't like how you imagine it may be used. Ever go read the patent?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Careful, if there's no HOA someone will petition the city...

@Ingomike @Ingomike @Ingomike

a080f2baa7556219_1.gif

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK lets keep the HOA in the HOA thread.

I would think if there was an inside trunk release it would be locked out/only open trunk with key or fob. My car is like that and I secure my handgun in the trunk when I can't carry.

Top Bottom