Guns being stolen out of police cars in Indy’s nicest neighborhoods?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    What has happened to INGO?
    My concern is what’s happened to INDY. These thugs have become so brazen. Breaking into cop cars? God, how things have changed. I shudder to think what my mother or father would have done to me if I ever got caught doing something like that. How long before no one is safe here?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looking at the video it’s an older neighborhood with large lots and large trees. Gives the criminals an advantage.

I haven’t seen anything as far as details on the weapons or how they were stored in the vehicles.

A non-LEO neighbor had her sport Ute rummaged. The bad guys might have just gotten lucky. More balls than brains to pull off a stunt like this.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My concern is what’s happened to INDY. These thugs have become so brazen. Breaking into cop cars? God, how things have changed. I shudder to think what my mother or father would have done to me if I ever got caught doing something like that. How long before no one is safe here?
    Things haven't changed a bit. I am personally aware of 2 police car break-ins with firearms stolen back in the late 1990s.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I know that there is no safe area of Fort Wayne. Even the nicest neighborhoods have apartments nearby full of roaches that come out at night. I've had my run-ins with the little thugs.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Trying to figure out why agencies are keeping weapons unsecured in vehicles. Even in their mount/rack, it is only a 12v solenoid keeping it "secure".

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Trying to figure out why agencies are keeping weapons unsecured in vehicles. Even in their mount/rack, it is only a 12v solenoid keeping it "secure".
    I had a solid 1/4" steel full welded safe in the trunk of my patrol car for years, of course I paid for it out of my own pocket like most of the gear I used over the years. There's a wide variety of storage options other than those old racks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I received my current rank I stopped qualifying on long guns. No way to secure a shotgun or rifle other than just putting in the trunk, and I park downtown in an unsecured publicly accessible area. No way in EFF I was leaving long guns in the vehicle.

Top Bottom