• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I see many parallels between guns and cars. They both have "makes and models", they are both machines with specific purposes yet endless possibilities, and the "best" of each will be argued until this world comes to an end. I also find that many "car guys" are also "gun guys".

So this morning I was thinking of how some guns translate over to the car world. For example. . .

Glocks are like Toyotas. They aren't the cheapest, and they aren't the most expensive. They are known for their dependability and reliability. No one ever won an award for "sharpest looking Camry". Check out the parking lot of your local Walmart and you're bound to see many Toyotas, just like you're very likely to find at least 1 Glock at your local range at any given time.

AR-15s are like Honda Civics. They are the kings of the aftermarket world. If a company sells gun or car parts of any kind, they will most likely carry something for the AR-15 or Civic. They are super versatile. You can find inexpensive stock versions, ones cobbled together with cheap Chinese and DIY parts, and expensive versions with high-end custom parts.

This is a Civic. . .

RiceRiceBaby.jpg

and this is a Civic. . . .

92-95-custom-honda-civic-hatchback-3.JPG

Just like this is an AR. . . .

149492_ts.JPG

and this is an AR. . . .

IMG_1081-1024-Stick.jpg

What other parallels do you guys see?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i think those weapons should be compared to a more manly vehicle
    glocks are like fords, a lot of people own them, they arent the best or most expensive, and they are always breaking down.
    xds are like chevys, they never break and last forever :D
    ruger 10/22s are like hondas, everyone has one, they are cheap and costs are extremely low to run, plus you have endless modifications
    aks are like old trucks, work horses, that are normally banged up but will get you through anything

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    i think those weapons should be compared to a more manly vehicle
    glocks are like fords, a lot of people own them, they arent the best or most expensive, and they are always breaking down.
    xds are like chevys, they never break and last forever :D
    ruger 10/22s are like hondas, everyone has one, they are cheap and costs are extremely low to run, plus you have endless modifications
    aks are like old trucks, work horses, that are normally banged up but will get you through anything

I dont think I agree with ANY of this guys analogies :) They are all backwards :)

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    A moped and a Hi Point...

The moped would be much better than walking and with the Hi Point I'd say its better to have something than nothing.

They both may be fun but don't let your friends catch you using one.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A 1911 would definitely be a crank-start Model T.

ford-model-t-430-2-0908.jpg

I say that mostly because you have to go through extra crap to get it to fire. I'm looking at you superfluous external safety :@ya:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Saiga 12 and Hummer (H1)

Both built like a tank, They cost like heck to own and operate, they look really cool, and while no one would do it , it sure is fun knowing you could obliterate the whole [insert expletive of choice here] neighborhood with it... :D

And at the current time - you can't get either one new... (bummer)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    a 1911 is like a lambo, they are beautiful and when they are running right they are marvelous but being lambos they spend a lot of time in the garage for maintenance.

AK's are like jeeps, they are unstoppable

glocks are like meth cook minivans, ugly as all get out and you just hopes the contents don't blow up and kill you.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    1911 = 427 AC Cobra. Old design, Must be maintained, Cantankerous, and in the hands of a skilled operator STILL a piece of American steel that is a force to be respected!

Top Bottom