• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    GUNS & AMMO SURPLUS FIREARMS MAGAZINE has printed their last issue of the Surplus Firearms Magazine. It is on the news stands now and it is the last issue. The other Guns & Ammo magazine(s) will continue to be published and printed.

This last issue is full of several great articles, especially for you M-1 Garand and M-1 Carbine fans. There is also a nice article about the S &W 1917 .45 ACP revolver from WW1.

The editor said they were struggling to get paid advertisers for this particular magazine. Most surplus sellers use the Internet nowto sell rather than paying for ads in magazines.

Plus, the editor made one more interesting statement. Most young shooters don't want to buy a surplus firearm to fix up and tinker with. They prefer to just go buy a new or used $1,000. black hot piece and enjoy it immediately.

I've enjoyed reading the Surplus Firearms issue for many years and will miss it.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    To bad. I have purchased some issues in the past and have enjoyed the magazine. I will have to go and get me copy of their last issue. Sad.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The price remains at $8.99 for the last issue full of 128 pages of great information. The articles they bundled in this last issue will be worth re-reading many times over as enjoyment and reference.

If forgot to mention, they even have a great reprint of information about the 1903 Springfield. The one disappointment for me was not finding one last article about the Colt 1911.

Top Bottom