Gunman on the loose in Paris, 1 person injured.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Paris shooting: Champs Élysées on lockdown after skinhead opened fire | Mail Online

The gunman opened fire with a shotgun inside a newpaper's HQ, at a TV station, in front of a bank and took a driver hostage for a few minutes.

A newspaper reported that the type of gun used is legally owned by over 6 million people in the country.
    There is no mention that the gun laws need to be more strict in any French media (either left or right wing).
    No comment on gun laws from any French politicians either.
    Nobody is saying this type of gun is evil and people shouldn't be able to get their hands on one.Just that this person is crazy and need to be stopped ASAP.

Not sure why all those things are always mentioned anytime there is a mass shooting in the US ...:dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Was it a black shot gun? Did it have a high capacity clip? With one of those shoulder thingys that go up? If not, that's why. :laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "No, it's not." :lmfao:

I dont know who is that lady but she's clearly an idiot if she wants to ban barrel shrouds (I had to look it up, I guess it's just like a heat-shield :dunno: ) without even knowing what that is. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is...until I looked that up for that post, I would have sworn it was Feinstein or Pelosi that had said that. :laugh: I don't much remember who she was either.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    She's the sort that gets elected to congress over here; we closed most of the mental hospitals, so we have to have someplace where the worst of them can be supervised. One of them was literally thinking that Guam would capsize if we moved too many military personnel there. He was interviewing an officer that showed much more forbearance than I could have.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She's the sort that gets elected to congress over here; we closed most of the mental hospitals, so we have to have someplace where the worst of them can be supervised. One of them was literally thinking that Guam would capsize if we moved too many military personnel there. He was interviewing an officer that showed much more forbearance than I could have.

U.S. Representative Hank Johnson
    Hank Johnson Thinks Guam Is Going To 'Tip Over' (VIDEO)

[video=youtube;Nq_EUIGULek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_EUIGULek[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "No, it's not." :lmfao:

I dont know who is that lady but she's clearly an idiot if she wants to ban barrel shrouds (I had to look it up, I guess it's just like a heat-shield :dunno: ) without even knowing what that is. :rolleyes:

I don't expect everyone to know all about gun stuff. I don't know everything myself. I'm sure a tailor could cover area I am unfamiliar with.
    But, if you're going to make a law, I kinda expect the people crafting/voting it should know what they are talking about.

And yes, a barrel shroud is a heat shield.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't expect everyone to know all about gun stuff. I don't know everything myself. I'm sure a tailor could cover area I am unfamiliar with.
    But, if you're going to make a law, I kinda expect the people crafting/voting it should know what they are talking about.

And yes, a barrel shroud is a heat shield.

Yeah I agree.Someone that wants to make a new gun law who calls a magazine a "clip" is just a moron.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Are you sure it wasn't one of them top secret assault shotguns. You know, a Mossberg 500.

Some of their special 500s they've come out with do assault the eyes. I love my Mossberg 500 and would buy another one in a heartbeat but when I ask dealers about a home defense-ish (specially mentioned extended tube and possible flashlight foregrip like the 590a1) they try talking to me about the chainsaw, road blocker, or zombie guns.

Top Bottom