• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Do to a job loss a few weeks ago, I had to sell my last handgun today to pay rent. Sad thing is,it was a gun I got a week or so ago and never even got to run a bunch of ammo through it.I've been jobless before and have been homeless before but have never been gunless.I could have very easily skipped on the rent and moved out in the middle of the night but yet, what kind of man would that make me? Not looking for any sympathy cos I hold onto the fact that God will provide and at some point I will be better off than before. For those of you that take your job,family and guns for granted, enjoy them while you have them.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Do to a job loss a few weeks ago, I had to sell my last handgun today to pay rent. Sad thing is,it was a gun I got a week or so ago and never even got to run a bunch of ammo through it.I've been jobless before and have been homeless before but have never been gunless.I could have very easily skipped on the rent and moved out in the middle of the night but yet, what kind of man would that make me? Not looking for any sympathy cos I hold onto the fact that God will provide and at some point I will be better off than before. For those of you that take your job,family and guns for granted, enjoy them while you have them.

i pray things get better for you

jake.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    What type of job did you have? Maybe somebody on this board can help you find a new position.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I feel your pain. I've had to sell of quite a bit of my collection over the last couple years. I do try to make trades and get some $$ to but I've sold a lot more than I've traded. It totally sucks thinking about some of the nice stuff I "used" to have. :(

GTG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    The Lord gives us what we need somtimes its not what we think we want.
    Hang in there guns are replacable.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yep, guns are definitely replacable. It's funny how we all grow to become so attached to our guns. We proclaim 2A rights and self defense, but I believe it's more than that. Our guns become part of us and I don't believe that to be negative in any way. They help us to learn how to practice safety and responsiblility better than anything I can think of; if we are not safe and responsible, lives can be lost. I can't think of anything else that carries such a heavy burden.

Your guns will someday be replaced, but take comfort in knowing that you chose the better of the two choices. You took care of the responsibility that was before you and sacraficed what was yours in order to keep your word to someone else (your landlord). That says a great deal about your character in my book.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    You took care of the responsibility that was before you and sacraficed what was yours in order to keep your word to someone else (your landlord). That says a great deal about your character in my book.

^^THIS^^ :yesway::yesway:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I too know what you are going through. I too am jobless, but not yet gunless. I have been trading or selling as the case dictates. Hang in my friend. God does take care of His Faithful. It may not be to your schedule, but He will know when the time is right.

May God Bless you and Keep you,
    Vv

Top Bottom