• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I do have to admit, I take the fireworks sounds to my advantage to hunt those damn flower eating rabbits in my yard in Lafayette with a .22 pistol. Its the only window I have else the neighbors call the 5-0.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    it's goin' to be loud down here in about an hour......7#'s of tannerite....2 1 1/2 #'s ,3 1#'s and 4 1/2#'s..:D......plus night time goodys!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Where would AK fire be coming from in Broad Ripple? And, how, exactly are you distinguishing between that (or any other firearm) and the 1000's of varieties of fireworks?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Where would AK fire be coming from in Broad Ripple? And, how, exactly are you distinguishing between that (or any other firearm) and the 1000's of varieties of fireworks?

Since BR, the southener part at least is surrounded by the Hood and AKs and SKSs are weapons of choice in the hood I figured it's a safe bet that some of the noise is 7.62 ammo going off. Not many fireworks come in 10-30 round mags. Having been in the military and then collecting/trading/buying/selling guns for 30+ years and knowing that "The AK 47 has a very distinctive sound when fired" I'm pretty certain I know what an AK sounds like. Have probably fired 50-75K rounds from Combloc weapons myself.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you.

gunnyhighway.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I lived down at 42nd and College for a while. I can vouch for the gunfire! I can't comment on the AK "sound", but it was easy to tell the fireworks from the gunfire.

Now I'm on the edge of rural. We still have gunfire, but for some reason it bothers me so much less!

Oh, and someone in the neighbor hood had some high $$ mortars this year. Holy COW! Impressive stuff.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom