• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I am currently bidding on a pistol on gunbroker & I am a little nervous .I checked out the feedback (All Good) on the seller and have a dealer that is doing the transaction for me but what should I expect ,this is actually the first pistol I ever bought online without handling first ,but the pics look good other than a little holster carry wear .How long does it usually take to complete a sale & what all should I expect. I already figured in the 3% CC fee & shipping (from alabama)+ my transaction fee but is there any other redtape to expect??? :dunno:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Is the seller a person or business? That in my experience has seemed to make the difference in the time lapse. As long as you don't use paypal you shouldn't have any problems with payment. My only concerns would be with the representation of the firearm/merchandise. Plenty of pics will help subdue that issue as well. If you want to share the link I would be happy to look at the bid for you, not that I'm an expert, but another set of eyes prob couldn't hurt. Remember though, that its up for bid, so be careful posting it publicly if its a great deal :D

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    gb

I have never had problems yet and have bought several guns for GB. Don't worry be happy. If the feedback is good from seller why would you expect a problem. Some ship a little faster than others. Be sure to insure you purchase and ask for tracking numbers so you will know when it ships and arrives.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lots of seller provide a 3 day inspection period without firing of course. Then you pay to ship it back on your dime for a refund. Other do not offer this. I have bought several firearms off g-broker. Never had any issues,

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    It is a business & has more pictures than most from almost every conceivable angle showing the worst spots on the gun in sunlight & no way would I use paypal in a firearm purchase

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    drgnrobo--Good for you! New guns are always fun. You shouldn't have any trouble with an experienced seller with a good rating. Remember that the most important thing is communication. Make sure you keep the seller posted on payment, or I guess he will know if you are using CC. That actually will speed things up most likely.

Just ask to be notified when the gun is shipped and let your FFL know when to expect it. There are a few sellers who only ship once a week and such, but for the most part they ship pretty quick when payment is made.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    My dad has bought tons of ammo off GB no problem. No guns though. I would assume that like Ebay, there are several recourses for a sale gone wrong. Hope this helps!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i have heard many good things about GB, i have yet to try it myself but would like to as soon as i have money to spend. good luck and i hope all goes well and you have a positive experience. dont forget to post pics if you get it! :D

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've bought and sold many many guns off gunbroker without a problem, in fact once an AR i sold got lost and the buyer was very patient and it finally turned up a month later. I have no problem using gunbroker.

Rev19:11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Made my first purchase today off GunBroker, actually. There are a lot of reputable dealers/shops on there. Made the call with payment information around 2pm, gun should be at my FFL by noon tomorrow. Good price, too. Can't beat that!

rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    I've bought several guns off gunbroker. I've only ever had one problem and that was the wrong ML was sent. The seller had the right one on the way before UPS picked up the other one. I'm pleased with all I've done business with. Also I stick with folks that will take CC's. That gives you another course to take if its wrong, you can bring them into the fray, never had to but it's nice to know it's there.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I have used GB several times. My only problem is my patients I can't wait to get my hands on it. Most of the time I have my gun in my hand in a week to 10 days, but that seems like for ever!!!!!!

I have found some great deal on there. Enjoy!!!

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I have bought several off of gun broker, and guns america as well without a hitch. I did once have a small problem with the USPS on one occasion when they stuck my pistol in someones mailbox next to the gun shop without a signature :eek:, luckily it all worked out in the end, but could have been a real bad deal.

Top Bottom