• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have never bought anything from gunbroker (GB) just like to "see" what they have. But do have some questions for those that have.

I know GB is similar to ebay in terms of how the auction work. What I would like to know is how "payment to gun in your hand occurs."

Say I am the highest bidder for 1911 from Buyer ABC in TN.
    Okay so now what?

I send Buyer ABC a check for 1911 + shipping to my FFL?
    Inform my FFL to expect a package from Buyer ABC?
    Have my FFL do the paperwork and pay him his fee?

Now what happens if for some reason I get a denial?
    (Never have had one but what if)

What happens to the 1911? What about my money?
    :dunno:

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You have to send a copy of the FFL license along with payment. Then it is shipped to the FFL and he does the paper work for the transfer.
    If you even think you will be denied dont bother.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    You have to send a copy of the FFL license along with payment. Then it is shipped to the FFL and he does the paper work for the transfer.
    If you even think you will be denied dont bother.

This is just about all that is needed. Make sure you contact the seller promptly after the auction too. Always contact the seller with questions before you bid.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just my two cents, but I would NEVER pay by check, unless it is a cashiers/certified check. You ALWAYS want a way to provide positive proof of payment.

I use postal money orders for GunBroker almost exclusively.

As stated above, if you even suspect you may be denied, you do NOT want to make a purchase online. You'll likely be out your money, at least temporarily.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    +1 on money orders! I just take a money order to my FFL dealer and have him make a copy of his FFL and then mail both at the same time. I've bought several guns off of Gunbroker and haven't had a problem yet.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    All of the above, I have bought allot of guns from both GB and Auction arms and no trouble what so ever, just pay with a USPS money order and have a copy from your FFL dealer with payment and all should go smoothly.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    +1 for Gunbroker. Its a good way to find rare guns that aren't carried by nearby stores, or to find used guns that a local store wouldn't carry.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Make sure you know the dealer you are doing business with if you are afraid you will be denied on the transfer. If you are lucky the dealer will sell the firearm for you and get you at least some of your money back.

As for Gunbroker, they are better than ebay. They do not like it when someone gets stiffed and have been known to make sure things go smoothly for seller and buyer. Ebay doesn't care as long as they get their commission.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Don't be afraid to use Gunbroker

I have never bought anything from gunbroker (GB) just like to "see" what they have. But do have some questions for those that have. I know GB is similar to ebay in terms of how the auction work. What I would like to know is how "payment to gun in your hand occurs."
    Say I am the highest bidder for 1911 from Buyer ABC in TN. Okay so now what?

I send Buyer ABC a check for 1911 + shipping to my FFL?
    Inform my FFL to expect a package from Buyer ABC?
    Have my FFL do the paperwork and pay him his fee? Now what happens if for some reason I get a denial? (Never have had one but what if)
    What happens to the 1911? What about my money? :dunno:

I have done hundreds of transfers thru Gunbroker and other auction sites and the only person I had refused had a felony conviction and tried to sneak by. Had five delayed but all ended up with their gun after a three day or less wait. I only had three guys who did not feel the firearm was as good as the photos, everyone else was happy with their buy. Check the persons feedback before you buy, 99.9% of the people selling on these sites are good folks.

I suggest you also try Buds on line for guns, they have some really great prices and are a quality vendor. :twocents:

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Just my two cents, but I would NEVER pay by check, unless it is a cashiers/certified check. You ALWAYS want a way to provide positive proof of payment.

I use postal money orders for GunBroker almost exclusively.

As stated above, if you even suspect you may be denied, you do NOT want to make a purchase online. You'll likely be out your money, at least temporarily.

I do not understand :dunno:. I use checks all the time. Usually held for a few days, but no biggy. I have a record the next month on my bank statement copy of both sides of check. Who cashed and where and what account it was deposited in and the date. M.O.'s are fine to those who won't take a checks and C.C. add 3%-5%. Ever try to track down a lost M.O. in the mail for over $900.00? You start with a $35.00 fee to even see if it has been cashed. Add headaches. Not sayin I don't use M.O.'s when I have to, and 99.9% of the time all goes well, but the Post Office can do strange things with the mail.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    bid with confidence...gb is great. I've paid w/ credit card by calling the dealer. i don't have lots of spare time to go to post office for money order, so i don't mind paying an extra $10 for the cc fee. as long as your ffl sends his copy timely, the goods can ship out that night. I've had gun in hand in 2 business days before. sweet!!!!

Top Bottom