• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I bought a pistol on a GB auction last Friday. Before bidding, I reviewed the seller's feedback and it was glowing. Lots of comments on how fast they ship and how good their communication is. I payed for the gun via CC and had the FFL faxed the same day. I never heard back from them until yesterday (thursday) when I asked for a tracking number. The still hadn't shipped my gun but said it would go out that day. I still don't have a tracking number but they told me that it went out yesterday AM. I'm slightly annoyed, but is this worthy of a less than +1 feedback in your opinion? This is the first time I've bought a gun from Gunbroker.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bought a pistol on a GB auction last Friday. Before bidding, I reviewed the seller's feedback and it was glowing. Lots of comments on how fast they ship and how good their communication is. I payed for the gun via CC and had the FFL faxed the same day. I never heard back from them until yesterday (thursday) when I asked for a tracking number. The still hadn't shipped my gun but said it would go out that day. I still don't have a tracking number but they told me that it went out yesterday AM. I'm slightly annoyed, but is this worthy of a less than +1 feedback in your opinion? This is the first time I've bought a gun from Gunbroker.

I have more than 50 transactions on GB, including some 20 or so for firearms.

Not all sellers will ship the same, or even the next day. I have seen sellers that only ship one day per week, though that is USUALLY denoted in the description if this is the case.

If the seller has a good feedback record, I wouldn't worry much about it.

I would try again to contact them asking about a tracking #, but I HAVE had a firearm show up at my FFL WITHOUT ever being given a tracking #.

If YOU have a good feedback record, ONE negative feedback for someone else is no big deal. IF, however, you have little or no feedback, and you have SEVERAL negative feedbacks GIVEN, you MAY start to be seen as someone hard to deal with.:twocents:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

I certainly wouldn't give them a Great feedback based on their shipping or communication, but if when you get the gun and like it I would note that along with the heads up on the shipping/comm issue.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I usually base my Gunbroker feedback based on the quality of the item I bought versus how they advertised it. As stated above, some sellers only ship one day a week, but usually state that in the ad.

I did have one jerk that had pictures of a version of a pistol I wanted, and then after I bid, changed the photo. I contacted Gunbroker and they set him up that I could leave him bad feedback, but he couldn't leave me any. That cuts down on spite feedback. We later came to an agreement on the real firearm, which was also no my want list. When the auction was over, I paid him and emailed the FFL. He then took his time shipping, and blamed the delay on his wife not making it to the post office. I told him that if it didn't go out overnight, and I received it tomorrow, per my agreement with gunbroker, he would not like my feedback. I got it the next day.

You need to contact the seller one more time, verify shipment, and if he still is delaying, contact Gunbroker and they will contact him. Unlike Ebay which doesn't care about buyers, Gunbroker takes things seriously and will not stand for improper transfers.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That's good to know! I've only bought one gun on GB, and had no trouble whatsoever, but I wondered, and I'm glad they're not like Ebay. That site has really let its customers down on standards.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I'd wait to see the quality on item you bought. If its as described then i'd say its fine. I think it takes them a little to check on the FFL and what not. Plus they be busy with other customers in/out of store. I know some places online that take a few days before they ship.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I bought a rifle from a guy that glowing feedback, I over nighted the money and a copy of my FFL, never heard from him for two weeks, finally got the gun but he did not return any emails did not have a contact number listed I even faxed him a note still now reply!!, and in the meantime he is getting negative feedbacks, I left him a bad feedback that is no way to run a business, two weeks after I leave him a neg feedback he contacts me and asks me why!!! when he shipped the gun he did not even lock the case anyone could have opened it and took out the gun and sent the case on to me, Luckily that did not happen, Any way yes I would leave a Neg feedback.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    I bought a rifle from a guy that glowing feedback, I over nighted the money and a copy of my FFL, never heard from him for two weeks, finally got the gun but he did not return any emails did not have a contact number listed I even faxed him a note still now reply!!, and in the meantime he is getting negative feedbacks, I left him a bad feedback that is no way to run a business, two weeks after I leave him a neg feedback he contacts me and asks me why!!! when he shipped the gun he did not even lock the case anyone could have opened it and took out the gun and sent the case on to me, Luckily that did not happen, Any way yes I would leave a Neg feedback.

Confused. If he locks the case, how would you open it?

You expect him to send a key in a separate letter?

I've ordered quite a few firearms online, never have they ever come in a locked case.

Even in a locked case somebody can take the case and leave you with a box.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    The gun arrived at my FFL today. I'll be picking it up tomorrow...

In general, for me,
    +1 feedback for speedy (1 day) communication and shipping. And item comes in condition described.
    no feedback from taking more than a week to get to FFL, unless specified in item description
    -1 feedback for really extreme stuff

So for your case I would have given no feedback. Everybody just trying to get along, unless they try and defraud you somehow.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I've noticed people aren't real big on leaving feedback on there compared to other places like ebay. I've made a couple dozen purchases on gunbroker & always leave feedback but I don't think I've broken double digits for people leaving feedback for me.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I got the gun this morning and it's a gem. I am very pleased with it and the condition is as good as, or better than, what they said in the ad. I'll be inclined to leave them a +1...

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I got the gun this morning and it's a gem. I am very pleased with it and the condition is as good as, or better than, what they said in the ad. I'll be inclined to leave them a +1...
    That'as good to hear. can't wait to see pictures.

I guess if you want a gun today, then buy it at a gunstore. :twocents:

Only bid @ gunbroker if you're willing to wait a few days (for the auction to end, the seller to get your FFL and payment, package the gun, log it out of his books, get to the post office, etc.)
    Some sellers are FFLs with a small shop & maybe no full time employees and are at their store during business hours, so they can only get to the post office every few days. I'm glad the waiting didn't get too ridiculous in your case.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have seen mostly good results with people buying thru Gunbroker

I do a lot of transfers for customers who buy from Gunbroker and only remember three people who were not completely happy with the gun when it showed up; even they felt it was still a good buy but not as nice as they expected. I have also sold at least a dozen guns and many conversion kits and lowers thru Gunbroker and Forums and have never had a complaint. I think most people are honest and if anything tend to underestimate their product. I feel very safe buying and selling thru Gunbroker. :twocents:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I do a lot of transfers for customers who buy from Gunbroker and only remember three people who were not completely happy with the gun when it showed up; even they felt it was still a good buy but not as nice as they expected. I have also sold at least a dozen guns and many conversion kits and lowers thru Gunbroker and Forums and have never had a complaint. I think most people are honest and if anything tend to underestimate their product. I feel very safe buying and selling thru Gunbroker. :twocents:

I feel pretty safe there too. I'm just a little irked because the seller lists that he MUST have payment within 72 hours of winning the auction, then he goes and sits on the gun for 4 days after he receives payment and the FFL. If you're gonna ask for the moon, you had better treat the customer with the same priority. It's just good karma...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom