Gun trade Question??? Can someone help???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Ok, This may seem like a dumb question...So be nice about my stupidity.I have a guy in Virgiania that has a pistol I want to do some trading with on a pistol I have. I dont know this guy from Adam. We are both members over on Kahr Talk Forum.I know in Indiana we can trade guns with a Indiana resident if we know they are a resident and not a felon. How do you trade with a guy out of state? Can a private gun owner take it to a FFL dealer and have it shipped to a FFL dealer on his end,then that way he will have to do a backgound check? That way I will know I am not trading with a felon. And he would do the same.....Just need to know how two private citizens can trade Handguns across state lines. Never done this before. It may not be worth the hassle.What does it cost to do this? I can trade my gun at a local shop for $140 difference for the same gun he has, and it would be new. :dunno:

Thanks,
    Littlejoe

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    FFL to FFL is the only way it can be done. Each will have to pay a FFL fee. So I would that would eat some of the difference in the $140. Also, much less of a hassle but to me it also depends on the gun. $140 difference on a Jennings is different than $140 difference on an AR to me. So its kind of situational to me. But either way, FFL is the only way to go

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't even look at the out of state classified section because in my opinion is too much trouble vs savings dealing with this kind of transactions, dealer fee plus shipping not to mention the fee for paperwork of the receiving transfer.

Top Bottom