• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msgro22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    eastside of indy
    heading to the show this coming weekend and dont know what i should do... i have about 1200 to spend the wife wont let me get an AR so should i grab all the ammo i need for my XDM and my 24/7.. or go for a new ?:dunno:

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    welcome to ingo! i wouldnt buy an AR from the gunshow unless it was a super great deal.past few gunshows ive gone to are soo over priced.you could find better deals at the local gun shops.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Yeah, tell her you lost the money in a card game and the AR just followed you home because it was in need of a good home ;-)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Those pistols sound hungry, but take my word for it, they'll survive on surprisingly little food.
    That said, I'd buy an M4 instead!:D

Oh yea, :welcome: 2 :ingo:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Y'all's advice is gonna get the OP in a lot of trouble! Tellin' him to buy an AR when The Woman hath already spake. Haha.

Msgro, you have a good 1911 yet? If you don't, that's what I'd suggest as the perfect companion to your XDM and 24/7. I've never bought a gun at a gun show, though, so maybe some other members can chime in on whether that's a good place to pick up a 1911.

//C

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    id say buy the AR if you can find good deal on one.you could always get another wife!hard to pass up good deals on AR's starting to see better deals on them.and welcome to ingo

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I would get a stripped lower. Those you should be able to get for WELL UNDER $200. Those are always a sound investment, especially if you get one from a respected manufacturer like Stag, S&W, RRA, etc...
    I try not to **** off my wife TOOOOOO BADDDDD when it comes to my guns. She understands i have an expensive hobbie, and try's to deal with it. I just have to time my purchases right. After my last purchase I spent a couple of nights on the couch. If you are willing to spend a few nights on the couch get the AR, if not get the pistol. Most important thing is to keep the OL' Lady happy.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The problem with ticking off the wife is if you do it too much, she walks with half of your stuff, or more, and you get the lawyer bills.... Not a great bargain.
    That said, the 1911 suggestion was pretty good, or you could buy a Sig. I'm pretty sure God carries a 226 or a 229 ;) ... Or you could look for a little pocket pistol like the P3AT's everyone's nuts over, or a Ruger LCP or LCR, both very concealable, or you could pony up the cash and get a Sig 232. That one's a keeper. Just some ideas.
    Oh, and save the rest of your money and just keep subliminally working on the Mrs. for that AR....

Top Bottom