• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    Yeah, I heard about that one but read somewhere that there was only going to be about 8 tables. Not very big if you ask me, wonder how the selection will be. Have you ever attended at this particular location in the past? How was it? What do you think my chances are of finding a cheap below retail high-point? Thanks in advance.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    might check it out, mainly to see if there are any deals walking around.

poster on HT is claiming 100+ tables, but maybe because that's how many they have available to vendors. the real figure will probably be between 8-100. I'm kinda waiting for an AAR or live post, before I make the decision. or, may just be a glorified trip to rural king.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Yeah, I heard about that one but read somewhere that there was only going to be about 8 tables. Not very big if you ask me, wonder how the selection will be. Have you ever attended at this particular location in the past? How was it? What do you think my chances are of finding a cheap below retail high-point? Thanks in advance.

Does any of that make sense?

8 tables is a gun shop not a show.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Three of us went today. There must have been around 100 tables. The vendors I spoke with were pleasant. There was a good selection of different types of handguns. There were some interesting long guns as well. I thought it was a pretty good show for a small show. It wasn't overburdened with non-gun stuff. It was a fun outing for the three of us.

As in past gun shows, I thought the guns I found interesting were over-priced. Some were way over-priced. The ammo I looked at was pricey as well. Heck, even the roasted nuts were $2 over the price at the state fair! There were a few decent deals, i.e. new Ruger LCP for $315. I saw a new Remington 1911. It looked ok, but the price was $650, which I thought was high. The two guys I went with bought a few accessories. They probably spent $100 between them. I went with a wad of cash and came home with a wad of cash. Some of the regulars at these gun shows should bring down their prices to realistic values or they will sit on this stuff for a long time. Maybe they just count on some fish who isn't familiar with prices to swallow the hook or hope for those who impulse buy. I didn't see any gun sales while I was there.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i was there today as well. i though nearly every thing was over priced. may be 100 tables but only 12-14 vendors. indy trading post and tsg where the only ones with reasonable prices.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Made it there myself. Not a bad show really. There were items that I was looking for, but unfortunately like others have said, the prices were just a little too high. Was going to point one out, but will pass. Don't think the seller is a site member, but I do believe in capitalism, and if he wants to ask $200 higher than MSRP on a new pistol, that is his right.

I do have to say there was one seller that was willing to deal, and he had one pistol that I almost got because the price was right, but unfortunately for him, I already got one a few months ago, and two sometimes is one too many. :)
    Did get to say hi to a couple of sellers here, and gab with a couple I haven't seen since I worked the 1500 many years back.

I also liked that the aisles were wide enough that you could stop and look at something without blocking the aisle.

Top Bottom