Gun show in Lebanon this weekend? Also, need advice!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I swear I saw an ad in the paper about a gun show this weekend (June 26-27) at the Boone County fairgrounds. Now I can't find any other information about it. Did I dream this or what?

On a related note, I am looking to buy a tactical 12 ga. for home defense. My wife and I have our first baby coming in 2 weeks so I thought I could get one cheaper at a show or through a private seller than a retail store.

I would post a WTB ad in the classified section but I am new to the board and obviously don't have the required 50 posts to do so.

I have never bought a shotgun (although I've inherited a .22 cal target pistol) and don't really know what specifically to be looking for when purchasing a gun. Our house was broken into while we slept a few months ago and since we live downtown Indy, I want to make sure that if/when it happens again, I'll be ready to protect my growing family.

Any advice would be great.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Mossberg 500, or one of it's variants, cheap... Rem., 870, more expensive, but worth it... I own a mossy, 500, and love it...
    nothing sounds like a mossy, racking the action...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Don't know where you live but talk to Tactical Shotgunner, TSG. They are an advertiser/Supporter here and have a pretty nice little shop on Indy's south side. They can give you all the info you need.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    You can get a Mossberg 500 in 12 ga. used under 200 fairly easily. I think I paid about 130 for my last one. You might also look at 20 ga or 410 ga for home defense, especially if you are an apt. dweller. Good Luck!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    You can get a Mossberg 500 in 12 ga. used under 200 fairly easily. I think I paid about 130 for my last one. You might also look at 20 ga or 410 ga for home defense, especially if you are an apt. dweller. Good Luck!

I have pretty much decided on the Moss 500 just because of the cost but have yet to find one under $275. Only been looking for a few weeks though, so hopefully something turns up soon.

If anyone has one available let me know!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    You can get a brand new 18" barrleed Maverick 88 (mossberg;s bargain brand) for $200 at bradis, brand new. If you find a used, longer barrled version at the show for cheaper, you can always shorten it with a hacksaw and a file. Jsut keep it well over 18" to be safe and legal!

Mossberg is fine, Remington 870 is a good one to look at too.

Best of luck,
    Doug K

Top Bottom