• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wife and I are abandoning the kids for the weekend on July 23rd and 24th. Going to stay in Nashville, IN. Any must see gun shops or other sites of interest in the area?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    As you hit downtown, there's a stoplight. One block north, take a left (away from the Trolley diner) and go to the white house on the right at the end of the block. It's an antique shop. He might still have a green VW van for sale in the yard. Go say hi to Bob and buy some cigar boxes to store stuff in. He usually has a pretty decent selection, and not just of the cigar boxes.

Other than that, just make sure to go into every shop you see. There's a decent selection, especially on the side streets.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Bailey's bait and tackle. On SR 46 between Columbus and Nashville. Charlie is a bit eccentric mind you. But it is the only place that sells guns.

You don't need to go into every shop. If you make it into half of them the other half has the same made in china junk. There are only a few shops left that actually make anything here. Moonshine leather, Lawarence family glass blowers and Mill's Pottery are among the highlights.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bailey's bait and tackle. On SR 46 between Columbus and Nashville. Charlie is a bit eccentric mind you. But it is the only place that sells guns.

You don't need to go into every shop. If you make it into half of them the other half has the same made in china junk. There are only a few shops left that actually make anything here. Moonshine leather, Lawarence family glass blowers and Mill's Pottery are among the highlights.

That's more what I am looking for, thanks. I am sure we are going to hit the shops. Buddy of mine just opened a brewery so beer consumption will be mandatory.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County

I accidentally found this place when I was wandering on the motorcycle down there last year. He had a decent selection of reloading supplies as I recall. Worth a stop in there.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana

Yup. Nashville sucks, sorry.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    That's more what I am looking for, thanks. I am sure we are going to hit the shops. Buddy of mine just opened a brewery so beer consumption will be mandatory.

I am a huge microbrew snob. How can you let a tidbit like that slip and not give us details. Where/Name/Hours? What brews does he offer....

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County

Definitely stop in a Bailey's. Not only does he have an "interesting" inventory you can also get you lawn mower fixed while your there.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am a huge microbrew snob. How can you let a tidbit like that slip and not give us details. Where/Name/Hours? What brews does he offer....

Big Woods Brewing Co., | Crafting Great Beer from The Big Woods of Brown County, Indiana The brewer, Tim, is part owner. He also runs the Allison house B&B. The wife and I are going to spend the weekend there. Tim is an old family friend. He may look like a hippee, but in his own words that is just for show. Tourists expect the eccentric shopkeeper. He is about as down to earth and pro 2A as you are going to find. Oh, and his beer is pretty darn good too.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Yup. Go to Bailey's on 46, lotsa long guns and some things he's been trying to sell since before Jimmy Carter was president. He's got an almost brand new Steven's Model 200 in 243 you need to buy!
    Theres also this one in Columbus:

J & J Custom Firearms‎
    1718 17th St.
    Columbus, IN
    (812) 379-9097‎

They have strange hours so you might call before you go.

Top Bottom