• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    So the only places that I know of to shop for guns and the extras are Kieslers and Bass Pro, both of which seem to be a bit high on the prices. So I was wondering where do you all shop?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    So the only places that I know of to shop for guns and the extras are Kieslers and Bass Pro, both of which seem to be a bit high on the prices. So I was wondering where do you all shop?

There are plenty in the Evansville metro area. Strictly Shooting on the east side off Stockwell, Rajo's on the west on Franklin. You also have big stores like Gander Mountain and Dick's, also on the east side. My favorite is a hole in the wall in St. Joseph called Red Ghost Guns. I've ordered my last two handguns from there. Good service and good prices.

Of course the best prices are found near Owensboro, KY at Whittaker's. That place is gun heaven, but it's not always worth the drive. Just depends on what you're looking for.

jjmglocktrumpet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2008
    bloomington
    I second the recomendation for Red Ghost. I have bought all of my hand guns there and have purchased one of my rifles there. Terry has always been helpful and has taken all the time needed to answer any questions I have had. He also has really fair prices as well.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I have had real good luck with Daves gun shop near Holland IN. Decent prices, good selection, will special order and best of all great service without attitude.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have had real good luck with Daves gun shop near Holland IN. Decent prices, good selection, will special order and best of all great service without attitude.

I've heard of him, been meaning to check out his place, just never have.

If you desire a GLOCK, Jeff's Guns & Bait in Jasper has the best non-LEO prices for the black plastic I know of around here.

Stopped last week to get a G19, but he was out until a shipment comes in during May. :spend:

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I just picked up a G19 od a few weeks ago from Daves it was $495. I thought that was a decent price.
    I have never been to Jeff's I will have to check him out. Thanks

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    $495.00 is a decent price. Not bad compared to a lot of places I've shopped at.
    Jeff's price will be about $25.00 cheaper, for the 9mm and .40 S&W GLOCKS.

.45 acps are a bit higher. Never priced .357 Sig or 10mm.

Of course this is a BEFORE tax price. And like I said; he is almost GLOCK dry at the moment............

Luck!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Just another thumbs up for red ghost.Terry knows his poop & can help you with anything. Has good selection of guns & bulk ammo for a smaller store.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It's a bit of a drive, but you might want to try Whitaker's near Owensboro, KY. A lot depends on what you want to buy. I have found that shopping around might get you some good prices. Some of the smaller gun shows, like the ones in Seymour and Salem have some deals. You might check out that little shop near Austin. Dick's Sporting Goods can usually beat Bass Pro on just about everything. I agree that Kiesler's has increased prices substantially in the past couple of years. I've never been, but the 111 Gun Shop, close to the "Concrete Lady" in Clarksville might be worth checking out. I've heard that the new shop in New Albany called "Tactical" has pretty high prices. Of course you might want to check out the classified ads on this forum. There have been some good deals at times.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Southern Indiana Shops

You should try 111 Gun shop on Kopp lane in Clarksville near S&S powersports.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Good people over at 111, I have bought a few from them, and was astonished the other day when I went in looking for a HK G3 buffer, and he had one in stock ! Theres another new shop in New Albany called 2 Brothers, but I have not bought from them. I bought my last Glock from Tactical also in New Albany. They were the only local shop around that had a G26 in stock under $500. I was a little pissed when they told me they charge 3% for DEBIT card purchases ???? BUT he did throw in a box of 9mm to make up the difference.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    shops in southern indiana?

There is cabin fever guns and ammo, 256 sport garden ans anglers den in scott county. Cabin Fever is pretty good in selection and prices along with beautiful scenery and a great 3D archery range. Been friends with the owner for years.

Top Bottom