• ...and so much more!
  • Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    I'm going to be at a convention at the Indianapolis Convention Center next week. I hope to be able to sneak away and visit some of the local gun shops. I'm interested in older used guns. I like milsurps and Remington rifles. I've got the list of Indy gun shops from this board but I'm looking for recomendations since my time will be limited. I can find a list of pawnshops but not all may have guns. Also, I'm curious if any INGO members are Science Teachers and going to the convention (HASTI).

Thanks

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    500 guns will have alot of old remington rifles. Prices...I go there a few times a year and havent bought anything.They do have some nice rifles though.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I don't know how long you can be away and I'm assuming you will have an automobile available to you. Here are two gun shop trip ideas:

Trip 1: Stay fairly close-to-downtown Indy:

-- Law Enforcement Firearms (Shelby and Southern streets, just SE of downtown Indy)

-- Tactical Shotgunner (Next to Law Enforcement Firearms). Find all you aftermarket shotgun parts and supplies.

-- Beech Grove Firearms (Downtown Beech Grove, inside I465 off Emerson Avenue on the south-southeast side of Indy) Very friendly shop.

Trip 2: Southwest and west side of Indy

-- Bradis Guns
    I would head southeast down Kentucky Avenue, past I-465 and a bit further to Bradis Gun in Camby, Indiana. (You have to drive past the store on your left, turn left at the light and loop back to get to the parking lot. No median cross drive.) Lots of military rifles and lots of everything else. Tons of ammo.

-- Plainfield Shooting Supplies
    Drive back to I-465 going north toward the airport. Take I-70 west to the Plainfield exit and north on 267 to US40. Right on 40 a short distance to Plainfield Shooting Supply (on the left, back off the road a bit). Good place to buy a gun!

Don't bother with Don's Guns on the west side. Nasty place.

Have fun!

Top Bottom