• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Currently stuck in a fluorescent bulb about 18" long. Dos an okay job. I was thinking about a string of LED Christmas lights. No switch so they would always be on. Would there be any fire or heat issues I should be concerned about?
    thanks

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    LEDs run very cool at reasonable brightness. they can get warm, but we're talking mega brightness to get hot. the string of leds is a good idea. i personally wouldn't worry about the bulbs getting hot. you could always leave them on for a couple of hours and see if they get warm, but i don't think they will. jm2c.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    rope lights at Wal mart - LED

You can get these in different lengths at Wal-mart and run them around the inside of the door.

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    I hit the jack pot on this, I'm a member over on calguns and stumbled across this guy, below is a link to his web site and it also has a link to his calguns post about the lights. And the cool thing about his kit is you can get it with both a battery pack and AC adapter. Check him out, ordering his new multi color kit this Friday . Only has white on his site but you can email him about blue, green, etc. You will not find a better set up for $40 IMO

LED SMD Safe Light Kit System Cannon Liberty Sentry Stack On

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I wouldn't worry about the heat from typical LEDs, but why always on? It'd be easy to rig a switch while you're rigging the light strip. One of those feed-through lamp roller switches cost less than a couple bucks and if you have wire snips and a screw driver you're good to go on typical lamp cord. A touch more inginuity and you could rig a switch to the door, open = on.

Last edited:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I hit the jack pot on this, I'm a member over on calguns and stumbled across this guy, below is a link to his web site and it also has a link to his calguns post about the lights. And the cool thing about his kit is you can get it with both a battery pack and AC adapter. Check him out, ordering his new multi color kit this Friday . Only has white on his site but you can email him about blue, green, etc. You will not find a better set up for $40 IMO

LED SMD Safe Light Kit System Cannon Liberty Sentry Stack On

Perfect, exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks for posting the link!
    I'll try to report back after I receive the kit.

Top Bottom