• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I "overpaid" just a tad on some .22 at the Profire swap-meet the other day. Nothing horrendous.

Other than that - zero, zip, nilch, nada.

-J-

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I spent 25 cents a round on some 22lr match ammo (was all I could find) on 200 rounds for an appleseed.

I did the same thing. Spent WAY too much on 1500 rounds of .22LR match ammo.

I also bought a lot of XM855 during this "panic ammo buying season". Probably close to 1500 rounds.

And I've only been to one Appleseed so far this year. :dunno:

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    No new guns for me during the last 5 months or so. I bought about $400 worth of Ammo during these few months, but that is not abnormal. I was careful to never spend more than what I considered a normal price. Most boxes came from Walmart, as I checked their inventory a few times a week and waited till they had the calibers I was looking for (9mm, 40, 30-30, 17HMR). Got a few boxes of .17HMR at the last 1500 that were a good price. $12 a box. I spent most of the gun show looking for the right table to buy ammo from though. Most were way over priced ($18 - $20 per box of .17).

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Late October last year I decided to get back into the fold of firearms and began to buy some ammo. I made a list of the things I wanted and then the SHTF mid-December. That Friday I bought my Sig M400 at regular prices, the next day I bought lots of PMAGs at $11.50 each, bought lots and lots of 223 and 556 at regular prices, and then sat back and watched. Since then I have found 3 Glocks at regular prices and I am a very happy man. Just wish I would have started a bit sooner.

I did buy more ammo than I needed but I was not going to pass up a well stocked Bass Pro Shop. And at Gander last week I spent about 10% more on ammo but I have it and will be stocked for a while. Live and learn ... and I learned that I will never be caught empty again.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Probably 1.5k. No assrapage, just maybe a bit higher than usual. Some handguns, ammo when it pops up, holster, pmags, ordered some lowers, range time.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I bought two pmags at 15$ a pop back in february...and recently spent 550$ from my tax refund on a nice little addition to my carry family. i guess i over paid for a small amount of ammo in the recent madness, but i was unwilling to let it all COMPLETELY stop me from going to the range...

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    spent $140 on pmags for 20 bucks a piece. not alot but just wanted some extra ones when i thought the ban was actually going to pass

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'm $1700 in the black because I buy low and sell high. Would have been more if I had listed my AR on gunbroker instead of selling it to a friend of a friend for a relative bargain. Backup is priceless, however.

13r14n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Indiana
    Haven't had the funds for the AR15 I want. But I picked up an MPA10 back in February for $535. And probably I've probably spent around $250 on .40s&w and .45acp ammunition. $54 just today when I stopped by Gander Mountain.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I overpaid by more than double for a M&P 22 12rd mag. The pistol only came with one mag and I bought it at the end of Dec. Mags dried up shortly there after and I just couldn't take a semi auto pistol with only one mag anymore. It was like a single stack revolver at that point so I had to do something. The M&P mags are still nowhere to be found at the under $30 mark where they should be. They were selling over $110 on gunbroker at one point. For what I paid for my second mag, I probably could have gotten two mags at regular price shipped to the house.

I actually sold off a bunch of ammo that I had sitting around during the panic. I didn't gouge anyone, but I also made sure I wasn't loosing money on the deal. It actually felt really good to get some ammo that I wasn't going to use into the hands of some good guys who needed some. Everybody won.

At first I was a hater when I saw people and the crazy prices, but if I'm going to say I like/want/respect free markets I have to let supply and demand take its natural course. When prices come down again to normal levels, I will be replentishing my stockpile like never before. Until then, I've barely even made a dent in my stash of 22lr that I built up after the last panic.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I paid $100 for a stripped lower that should have been $80.
    But I sold two bricks of WW Wildcat .22 rf from the Clinton scare days ($15.99 sticker) for $60 each (didn't want to gouge too bad). So I'm in the black.

Or not, I could use the profits to just upgrade to CCI minimag whenever it shows up.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Breaking even. Trading off 9mm factory for .22LR or cash. Using said cash for reloading components. Got all the powder and primers before the blowup. Just needed bullets. Ordered some from Montana at a somewhat inflated price during the hour or so they actually had some. Now they're out again. Set for the long haul.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i bought a m&p22 for $330, a marlin xt-22 for $169, and a New England Firearms pardner 20 gauge pump for $179, all bought this year, all bought new.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I STILL have .22LR for sale at $.60 / rnd., if anyone needs it. :D

Bought a pump 12 ga. on sale during the panic. Normal pricing on it.

And I swear, I would NOT have bought it had 'Shotgun Joe' not 'forced' me to with his "Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!" 'Executive Order'! :D

Biden - what a maroon...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We were lucky in the fact that all the re-stock from the summer was done just before the little whack job shot up the school. My activity's during all of this were focused on getting some friends into AR's at reasonable prices. I sold off 3 of mine for this reason at exactly what was invested.
    We are constantly up-grading existing pieces and buying/selling so not much really changed.
    We did buy more from LGS instead of the classifieds. We could by NIB out the door for better prices than what some of the local gun community tried to private sell for. Pretty silly.

Top Bottom