• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Rugs or Hard Cases?

• Total voters

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Other...

I use soft cases (gun rugs) for my handguns if I'm just taking a few. The rugs give me a cushioned place to lay the guns at the range, and fit nicely in the range bag. If I'm taking 6 or more, I use a Pelican hard case that will hold 8 safely, and use the foam inserts to lay the guns on. I use soft cases for the AR's, but hard rifle cases for the older target guns, and the lever guns.....

So my answer is ......... yes :):

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Which do you use for what purpose?

Gun rugs for toting to the range, general storage, etc. Most guns come with hard cases when you buy them new, those are stacked up under a desk unused. For the most part they just take up too much space in the safe so unless the gun is NIB, in storage in the safe that way, then I remove them from the hard cases and switch to rugs.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I store and carry my handguns in there holsters. (they fit in my range bag) And if its a gun I never carry then the holster is "cheap" But I have 3 main carry guns in 3 difrent sizes... My M&P 9c , XD-9, CZ-75 9mm
    AS fare as rifles I use what ever cases I have under my bed and a truck because I cant carry that many. :)

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I have/use both. I can fit more guns in the car with soft cases, which I end up using more often. But If I'm traveling, I use my hard cases. I go to West Virgina with my FIL once a year, so I feel better going the long distance with a hard case verses the soft case.
    I actuallly have a real nice hard case that I have never used. Got is as a Christmas gift 4 years ago. It can fit 2 guns. I don't use it because it's just to big for normal range travel.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have one rug (came with the gun) and one soft case (Kel-Tec SU-16), the rest are hard.

I like hard cases, because they stack better.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thanks for the input, INGO peeps.
    Went to the local gun store and snagged these this morning:
    GunRugScore.jpg

And for anybody who says I "paid too much",
    I did NOT pay what the stickers say. :D

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I use hard cases when I can, but if I'm taking a bunch of stuff I don't have enough hard cases to go around so I end up using soft cases as well.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Other...

I use soft cases (gun rugs) for my handguns if I'm just taking a few. The rugs give me a cushioned place to lay the guns at the range, and fit nicely in the range bag. If I'm taking 6 or more, I use a Pelican hard case that will hold 8 safely, and use the foam inserts to lay the guns on. I use soft cases for the AR's, but hard rifle cases for the older target guns, and the lever guns.....

So my answer is ......... yes :):

what he said to a T

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Thanks for the input, INGO peeps.
    Went to the local gun store and snagged these this morning:
    GunRugScore.jpg

And for anybody who says I "paid too much",
    I did NOT pay what the stickers say. :D

Oh my goodness, You paid way to much for those, my half cousin's twin sister's boyfriend's buddy could of gotten them for you for half price. Plus they are the wrong color for stainless guns!!:D

J/k!!! Cool!!. Are they both Uncle Mikes? What kind of matierial are the insides? I think I'm liking the cloth over the foam styles, I just haven't fully made up my mind yet.:)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh my goodness, You paid way to much for those, my half cousin's twin sister's boyfriend's buddy could of gotten them for you for half price. Plus they are the wrong color for stainless guns!!:D

J/k!!! Cool!!. Are they both Uncle Mikes? What kind of matierial are the insides? I think I'm liking the cloth over the foam styles, I just haven't fully made up my mind yet.:)

They're both cloth covered foam inside. One is an Uncle Mikes, and the camo colored one is "Assault Systems" (never heard of it)...
    And I DID get them half price. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom