• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I realize its a heavy sellers market right now, but it seems like some of these prices are down right ridiculous. An S&W SD40VE for $500? Unless I missed something, they go for $350 new. :dunno:

/rant

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I realize its a heavy sellers market right now, but it seems like some of these prices are down right ridiculous. An S&W SD40VE for $500? Unless I missed something, they go for $350 new. :dunno:

/rant

That's only what they're listed at. Nobody is actually paying those stupid prices (at least I hope not).

I've bought 2 overpriced guns in the past 2 months. In both cases, the seller came down on his price a very significant amount, and the deals ended up being pretty darn reasonable.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Shop around. Don't give up your dough till you are sure it's fair deal. Many sellers are looking for the "best" sell only for the $. Think on the long term, if you can still get mags after the "Obama" era, stock if you can afford now, common calibers, this fiasco will improve, we will need to be patient. Get that muzzle loader out and shoot it if the mood fits.

Last edited:

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    LtScott is on the money. SHOP AROUND!!! I can drive an extra 10 miles and save another 15 -20%

13r14n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Indiana
    - With the scare that's going on now, prices are heavily inflated. An SKS that was going for $350-$400 in November is going for $800 now. You just got to shop around and haggle. Remember - cash in hand is very persuasive when it comes to negotiating a price.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    It's 2008 all over again. ARs are starting to come down, but ammo was never in this short of demand. Mags are tough to find, but I have plenty stocked up along with ammo. I'm only buying if I stumble upon a good deal.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Yep, you have to look around. I've bought 3 since this started at Acme and paid MSRP or less.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Economics 101. You deal with this on a daily basis when driving to work and paying for gas. Someone is always going to pay that stupid high price if they believe they really need it.

As guns become more mainstream and more people panic about the govt., then more will be purchased at higher prices. As someone else said, I'll gladly wait 6 months to purchase a firearm while a few million more Americans arm themselves.

This horse has literally been beat to death so many times it isn't even funny anymore.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    My advice, steer clear of the used market right now. Patience is the key. There are a few good deals out there but a lot more people fishing for suckers.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Firearms are starting to come back to normal prices and I even found a box of .38s a few days ago. Just glad I remembered 2008 and stocked up on ammo last fall. I will be glad to see it back on the shelves again.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville

/rant

The people that panic bought and/or are trying to make a quick buck are looking for other suckers to unload their overpriced merchandise on.
    As everyone else said, be patient and shop around. The guy selling a gun for $150 over market price is probably hoping and assuming that some idiot will come along and say "Obama's taking our guns away, I better buy this now!!!" On the other hand, a savvy shopper will just patiently look until he finds what he considers to be a reasonable price.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The popular stuff is really hard to find like magpul mags, 223 ammo or 9mm. Im having an easier time finding .40 S&W. Though its all expensive.

Im amazed how hard everything is to find. I cant even find a spare mag for my Walther PPK. Id say the 7 round mag will always be available but even those are getting snatched up.

Top Bottom