• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Carolyn Mahoney (D-NY) has just introduced a Bill requiring insurance to own firearms. It includes a $10,000 fine for not having insurance. They are counting on people being too broke after the full weight of obummer care that they will not be able to buy food, so guns will be cast aside.

How about mandatory insurance for being a nutjob?

Like I mentioned on another post, never underestimate the tenacity of your enemy.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I think politicians should have to carry a $1 billion liability policy as well...when they screw up, which they ultimately will, at least we can get some money from them.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Ah... libtards. They make 'common street mopes' look pretty good as 'scumbags'. But ya (almost) gotta admire their libtard creativity.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    First...never say never. Now having said that...it will never pass. How would they verify coverage ? I know, put the IRS in charge by adding a verification line to the federal tax return.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    This was discussed and somewhat expected a while back shortly after the SAFE act was introduced. :(

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm opposed to requiring "gun insurance" but I consider it prudent to have a personal liability policy. Our $1M personal liability umbrella only costs $150 a year. Call it peace of mind.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    The only intention of this proposed law is to further place guns financially out of reach of lower income individuals. Further, it would create a national registry of who legally owns guns which can help when they reach their ultimate goal of confiscating all guns across the country.

If passed, which it stands no chance right now, I'm sure they would make the "fine" a tax just like they did with obamacare so the supreme court upholds it (as others mentioned earlier).

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    again.. damnest thing.. last weeks boat accident with all my guns, just proves fishing and shooting dont mix :) ... guns dont have any :)

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Do the criminals who want to rob and kill us have to have insurance too?
    These left wing idiots are too much!

Yes, it is called your tax dollars..

Don't quite understand why the left, gov. etc. want to make the law abiding folks criminals and do not enforce what laws we have now.. :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, it is called your tax dollars..

Don't quite understand why the left, gov. etc. want to make the law abiding folks criminals and do not enforce what laws we have now.. :dunno:

It's very simple. Government cannot control honest people. When it needs more criminals, it makes them.

The final destination of over-legislating people to the point it is not possible to live within the law is that we move from the condition of our grandparents in which you could follow the Ten Commandments, pay your taxes, and never have to worry about the law to the present and future in which one wonders how many laws he breaks a day without realizing he has done so. In the end, your freedom and access to rights which will have been fully converted into conditional privileges, will depend entirely upon the beneficence of public officials and not having a right to do so as most everyone will be a criminal of some sort and therefore not subject to possession of rights as we know them. It will be a former local mayor's pickup line raised orders of magnitude. When he was a police officer prior to becoming mayor, his favorite pickup line was, "Put out or go to jail." Unfortunately, operating by this type of philosophy is the substance of creating so many laws it is impossible to follow them, all while telling us "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" while no single professional lawyer can competently handle all or even most areas of law. That old saw worked in the days when, once again, you had to go out of your way to do something illegal and being a basically decent person would keep you out of conflict with the law.

Top Bottom