• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Ok guys and gals, I'm going to admit to one of my guilty pleasures.
    It's a little website called F My Life. This is where people can post about crappy things that happened to them. Such as "today I came home early and found my girlfriend taking down her mobile meth lab"

But today I saw a post that made me think. I'm not sore what state this guy was from but he posted "today I picked up my handgun from the gun store and as I was walking out a guy with a crowbar attacked me and stole my gun"

Now weather the story is BS or not I don't know/care, but I see alot of people leave gun shops with their new baby and NO AMMO! It really surprises me how often I see that.

gdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Crown Point
    I read another story about this happening at a Gander Mountain store some place. The crooks had one guy in the store staking out the gun counter and than would phone his accomplice outside the store with the guys description that had bought a gun. Who would think that just after purchasing a gun that you would get robbed outside the store?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    He should have carried a gun when he made that purchase.

Ding Ding Ding- we have a winner.

Unless it is your first, there is little excuse. Think of the Boy/Cub scout motto, "Be prepared":patriot:

It sucks the world has come to this, but it does NOT excuse unpreparedness :twocents:

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    An Officer was telling a group of us a story of a guy that went into a pawn shop and looked at a shotgun and the clerk handed it to him and he slid a shell, he had in his pocket, in the gun and shot the clerk in tha face and robbed the pawn shop. Its a shame this country is in the shape its in

JMH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    thats what makes it nice about living in a small town with a good gun shop. i would not think something like that would ever happen, and since its a small town i would rather keep my buisness local even if it came down to paying a little more.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Ok I guess this guy was in Florida.

Anyway, I always use a new purchase to try and score a deal on ammo
    "you know you can't let me walk out of here with no ammo I'd be totally unarmed, you should throw in a box of your finest hollow points considering of how you just took advantage of me. 600 dollars for a Sig, for shame sir."

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    He should have carried a gun when he made that purchase.

this brings up something I've always wondered:

at a gunshop, is the sign that says, "NO LOADED GUNS", meant to apply to all guns, even those legally concealed/OC'd? or does it just pertain to guns being plopped up on the counter for a sale/trade/appraisal/etc. ?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom