2 this subsection.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    This is the part that is a little difficult to read:

"Removes a provision from the law concerning firearms in locked vehicles that allows a person to adopt a policy or rule that prohibits an employee of the person from possessing a firearm or ammunition in or on school property, in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function, or on a school bus in violation of: (1) student discipline laws concerning possession of firearms; or (2) the law concerning possession of firearms on school property and school buses. Specifies that the law concerning firearms in locked vehicles does not prohibit an employer from prohibiting an employee from possessing a firearm or ammunition at the employer's residence."
    Does this mean students who could legally own a firearm can also keep a weapon in the car as well? Does this means schools can't have crap in their handbook about firearms on school property in the parking lot?

And this last part?
    "Specifies that the law concerning firearms in locked vehicles does not prohibit an employer from prohibiting an employee from possessing a firearm or ammunition at the employer's residence."

Who would this apply to and why? All I got is employers who run businesses out of their homes like hair stylists or maybe a backyard mechanic. Home based businesses?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does this mean students who could legally own a firearm can also keep a weapon in the car as well?

No, school can still have their own policies.

oes this means schools can't have crap in their handbook about firearms on school property in the parking lot?

Id.

Who would this apply to and why? All I got is employers who run businesses out of their homes like hair stylists or maybe a backyard mechanic. Home based businesses?

I have a plumbing outfit up the road from me who operates from a shop on his property (nice set up too). However, what you say is correct, all guys who have businesses on their property--welders, mechanics, dance schools, martial arts instructors, whatever.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    A step in the right direction, but hasn't gone far enough, yet.

NO business should be allowed to have a 'law', rule, or policy that prohibits lawful carry in or on the property of that business. IF that business allows customers in / on their property, the same 'rules and regs' should apply as when lawfully carrying 'on the street'.

That should really be the next step.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

NO business should be allowed to have a 'law', rule, or policy that prohibits lawful carry in or on the property of that business. IF that business allows customers in / on their property, the same 'rules and regs' should apply as when lawfully carrying 'on the street'.

You mean a PRIVATE business should not be allowed to make that choice for themselves?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You are all about using the .gov to make people do what you want. The government should stay the hell out of it. If a business does not want my business, that is their prerogative. I no more want this kind of law than I am in favor of the no smoking laws, and I HATE smoking.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

You mean a PRIVATE business should not be allowed to make that choice for themselves?

You can't have it both ways. Companies should have freedom to decide which benefits they're going offer in their compensation packages and they should be able to dictate the activities and behaviors of the guests on their properties.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Next steps? There is much to do, but I think relegalization of SBS, changes to the tax code (making training tax deductible) and making the LCTH an exemption to no go zones should take priority.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Next steps? There is much to do, but I think relegalization of SBS, changes to the tax code (making training tax deductible) and making the LCTH an exemption to no go zones should take priority.

The first two should be fairly straight forward. That last one......will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I'd like to see de-regulation of SBS's and SBR's. A gun is a gun is a gun IMO. You can own an AR pistol no problems, but throw a stock on it and now you need a tax stamp?

I'd also like to see legalized big bore air rifle hunting in Indiana for deer.

Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    You guys want to discuss the next steps which should be allowing the right to carry on state property, public colleges namely. State representatives and senators can carry on state property and we can't? BS :bs: What's good for them is good for us. Finally, allowing carry at the state fair would be the right step.

Why worry about the same old private property rights vs. self defense rights crap when we should be concerned with all these PUBLICLY owned properties banning the right to carry.

Top Bottom