• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    this is beyond awesome. at least some of those weapons are in the hands of someone that cares about them instead of being destroyed.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Read about this earlier this evening and laughed my arse off. Way to go dudes. Had the local PD irritated. They accomplished their goal and gave out the $80,000 they had, then had to sit back and watch the Capitalist gun dealers go to work. Would have liked to be there to see it.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I could see this happening in Indianapolis. If I saw someone turning a 1911 from WWII, I would not able to get a couple hundred dollars out of my pocket fast enough. I have seen pictures of some good looking guns piled up and ready to be destroyed.

I would imagine someone would buy up a bunch of "nines" and then sell them up in Gary for much much more.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    That's an inventive way for some dealers to restock their inventory since there is nothing else out there for them to sell.

That's brings up an idea, have FFL's buy the guns they want at the buy back program, more guns off the street, better prices for the sellers hopefully and a background check when they're sold. The junk guns the police can have. Seems everybody wins.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    That's an inventive way for some dealers to restock their inventory since there is nothing else out there for them to sell.

That's brings up an idea, have FFL's buy the guns they want at the buy back program, more guns off the street, better prices for the sellers hopefully and a background check when they're sold. The junk guns the police can have. Seems everybody wins.

thats it .....you need to run for office ....got my vote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I cant view the link as its not deemed "safe" from here ... I listen to a Seattle radio station, and one of the DJ's was saying someone took a rocket launcher to get "bought back"

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I do like the idea the the Sheriffs office said that if any of the guns bought were to be stolen and the owners found, the gun would be returned. Probably wont happen but would be nice if it did.

And at least they didn't harass the buyers. They knew the law. Probably more upset they can't add a few nice guns to their collection.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I saw an article on this earlier in which someone turned in an inert FIM-43 launcher. The author of the article titled it "Rocket Launcher Turned In At Gun Buyback"

ZOMG the crazy gun guys have MANPADs!

Here You Go

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I can't believe people still stood in line to get a $100 card when dealers were offering market value cash. How stupid are they? Really.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saw a brief news blurb about a Gun Buy Back somewhere on the East Coast. A High Standard Target 22 caught my eye sitting on the table. Unless it was trashed, what MORON would would give it to the cops?

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    haha that is awesome. I wish something that would have happened here.
    My favorite part is when someone suggested "why don't you offer cash instead of gift cards?" :D

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Heck I'd stand in line if they give me a few weeks notice. I'd sell several. I know I can buy some broken 22's, a few junk Davis and Jennings with some missing parts, and I'll bet I can find some old single barrel shotguns (with broken stocks and bulges in the barrel) all for less than $40 apiece. Lets see, 10 bought at average of $40 = $400 - traded for $1000 in Wallyworld gift cards - surely can sell the gift cards for $900. Leaves $500 to buy a good gun.

Top Bottom