• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randall

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    I was going to say that if you wanted to get an instrutor's belt I would have had good luck with the Uncle Mike

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    the 5.11 operator belts (and similar types) are infinitely adjustable within their range and would have been perfect for person with flucuating weight. Leather belts with regular buckle won't be. Plus the 5.11 belts are reinforced for holster wear. Great belts.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I guess you already found one, but I thought I would share that I am wearing a bullhide belt, and couldnt be happier with it. Unlike some belts, this one is one piece, so in your situation it could be cut down without the risk of the layers separating. as far as durability, I have been wearing mine every day (even to work) for over 6 months, and it still supports a full size 1911 in a Galco kingtuk.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    While I was at the Valpo gun show a couple of weeks ago, I ran across a booth having the best looking belts for carrying that I have seen. As I recall they were extremely thick and I think triple stitched. The good part was that they were only $30.00. The vendor was Welcome to Keller Sports Optics. I was really impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of these belts. I think that they are Amish made. Hope this may help.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Spectres double thick belt. Ive had 2 of the in the last 5 years and they are built like a tank. I also had to trade out the last one because of shedding a few pounds.

Actually....

What size are you looking for? If the one I have will fit you you can have it!! Its not doing me any good but I cant bring myself to get rid of it. Its a coyote color. Let me know!

Heres the link.

Last Resort Belt (LRB)

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Spectres double thick belt. Ive had 2 of the in the last 5 years and they are built like a tank. I also had to trade out the last one because of shedding a few pounds.

Actually....

What size are you looking for? If the one I have will fit you you can have it!! Its not doing me any good but I cant bring myself to get rid of it. Its a coyote color. Let me know!

Heres the link.

Last Resort Belt (LRB)
    By the sizing on the page, a Large (38-42). I'll pay shipping if you're serious. It's quite a drive up to Lake in my truck. :D

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I just checked and its an XL. If you want it you can have it. Just let me know either way and Ill ship it out tomorrow.
    That's ok; I hope to never fit in that size again. :): Thanks for the offer, though.

By the way, I got my Amish belt from Hank's today, and it's very nice. Super sturdy. Seems like a great deal for a leather belt under $30.

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Check out Blackhawk! CQC belt. It's as sturdy as a duty belt but with the look of a casual belt. I wear it every day.

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    That's ok; I hope to never fit in that size again. :): Thanks for the offer, though.

By the way, I got my Amish belt from Hank's today, and it's very nice. Super sturdy. Seems like a great deal for a leather belt under $30.

I think I might get one of these. I am curious about what size I should get. If I tighten my current belt(regular thin leather) it is about 34" and is snug. Normally I let it out another inch to be comfy :): I was thinking I should get the 36" inch. What do you think?

Top Bottom