• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Sorry for this, as I'm sure there are dozens of threads on this subject, but I couldn't find any useful returns searching 'gun belt' or just 'belt.'

I'm looking for a decent mid-priced belt to hold up my IWB CM9. Ideally I don't want to spend more than about $40-50 at this time. I'm in the middle of a large weight loss (55 lbs so far, 20 lbs to go) and I'll save the $100 Beltman or similar belts for when I hit my goal. The waist size is just too much in flux now.

It's not a heavy rig, but I'm tired of cheap, stretchy belts. Can anybody recommend something to tide me over?

ETA: If any mods think this would be better served in the Accessories section, please feel free to move it.

Last edited:

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    An instructors belt is the way to go if you plan on massed weight loss. Otherwise you can find high quality thick leather belts for roughly 60 bucks at a gun show. That's where I got mine, and I love it. However, an instructors belt can be found for roughly 40-50 buckskin a few dIfferent websites. I would share of I wasn't s drunk. :D just search it and read, you'll find it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Look for Barsony Leather on Ebay.

I recently got a 55" to 56" 1 1/2" wide heavy grade leather gunbelt for $38.00 plus shipping. It is exceptional quality and not a laminate composite type of leather.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I bought a nice leather belt that is 1 1/2" wide and pretty thick for $30.00 at Tractor Supply. So far it has worked pretty good with my Crossbreed OWB with a G.30. Belt was made in Mexico.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I have a Daltech Force Leather BullBelt which is great but pushing the $50 mark.

If you want a steal check out the $12 "work belt" at Wally world. The belt is made of sturdy nylon with a strip of leather stitched to it.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    5.11 operator belt and in your price range
    Ditto, $40 at Greenwood Gander, I made sure to get the polymer reinforced version, and I haven't looked back and stopped wearing the rest of the belts I have ever since.:yesway::yesway:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    A good belt is important if you don't want your pants to hang down on your gun side, or if you need to be able to quickly draw your weapon, without your holster sliding around. From now on I'll be trying mine out in store before buying though. I want one that is just the right width for my Serpa holsters, and the right size for my waste. I bought an expensive belt online for size 34, and when it arrived it was 34 inches long in its entirety.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Honestly, if you are still losing weight and you want something "temporary," go to a couple of local stores and pick through the belts, and just pick the widest, thickest, most rigid belt. Will probably save you a fair amount of money, and if its going to be temporary anyway...I am using a belt I got at Goodwill now, and it works just fine. Cost like $6, been over a year now.

Top Bottom