• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Went to Bloomington today where they had a gun auction with crazy, high-quality firearms and a ton of reloading equipment and supplies. Apparently all owned by one individual.

Picked up an unfired S&W Model 10-5 w/ 2in bbl for $395, along with several thousand primers, several thousand bullets and several pounds of powder. Gotta say that I'm smilin' ear to ear tonight, but kickin' myself at the same time for not being more loose with my money.

They had some great pistols there...lots of S&W revolvers and Colt pistol, including several National Match Series 70 & 80. Not really into rifles, but almost bid on Winchester model 88 (.308 cal) that ultimately sold for $375.

There were some great deals, but also some hungry buyers that paid premium prices. But all-in-all, it was a great day.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Saw this auction on auctionzip but was unable to make it. It looked like they had alot of nice firearms, glad to hear there were some decent deals.

Waynetucky10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Went to nice auction FW about a month ago. about 130 guns all from one guy.75% were colts in great condition.I am not in to collectables . For the most part they were reasonable. One guy who sat next to me from IL spent around $15,000.

Last edited:

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Glad you had a good time and got some deals. Wish I would have been able to bid on some items but someone had to keep the auction going, only a few glitches but I think our hardwork paid off!

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I was there but didn't stay long. Wanted to check out those two 40x to see if they were something I could use.

What I saw of the sales prices seemed high but nothing like 2008ish. I think a lot of people don't take into account the buyers premium and transfer fees when they bid in.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ShootingHoosier, oh, man! I was to go down there for this when it was in June! My father told me about this auction. Biggest one in Bloomington in a while, right?

Tell me everything I missed!

I was going to take the girlfriend down and show her the campus, go to Mother Bear's, make a weekend out of it. *kicks rocks*

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Shoothooser, your right it was a dandy. 10% buyer penalty,$4 sloppy joes, and online buyers paying 20% more than retail for 9mm bullets. I would tell you to check proxibid for results but it was'nt working half the time,and did you notice the pletheria of missed bids or tie bids resulting in do-overs.
    That being said, the selling family should come out well. Prices over all were a tad bit high, but not to bad. The usual componet buyers were in mass and toting deep pockets. I bought 6 boxes of .35 200gr RN Sierra for $40...saved a little.
    The marlin 9mm was my wish...NOT at $485 plus 10% 15 transfer.
    Next up is Bauer Auction in Mantoon Ill 7/17 SEE YA THERE!

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Went to nice auction FW about a month ago. about 130 guns all from one guy.75% were colts in great condition.I am not in to collectables . For the most part they were reasonable. One guy who sat next to me from IL spent around $15,000.
    HEY, I was at that sale also. Picked up my first colt 44/40 nickle plated never been shot., made in 1987 Price $450. I've been saving a long time to buy a colt, and was mystified. That guy who spent $15,000 made $10,000.
    The kicker was NO BUYER PREM.NO SALES TAX. HOORAY. Sales like that are far and few!!

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Buzzard Pickins - yeah, I saw that Marlin 9mm and looked at it twice. Never seen one before. Totally agree that the buyer paid too much. I was sitting there with my Blue Book on Gun Values and was scratching my head a lot of sales. Then again, there were some "deals" on quite a few items.

My best deals were on the bullets for reloading. Stayed til the bitter end when there were a handful of us left and they were auctioning off the .45 acp and .38s All told, I spent a little under $500 (not including the pistol) and figure I saved about $150 if I had bought the same stuff in gun shop or on the internet. I looked at the 10% premium as the equivalent to sales tax or shipping costs.

I was kinda "iffy" on buying primers, but bought 5,000 that were still in a shipping box unopened from Dillon Precision. Hopefully they were stored in a dry place, but given this guy's amazing inventory of high quality guns, I think he knew what he was doing.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    What I saw of the sales prices seemed high but nothing like 2008ish. I think a lot of people don't take into account the buyers premium and transfer fees when they bid in.

I was going to go with my dad but he wasn't feeling well. I checked the online bids and thought some were a little high. I agree about the buyers premium and transger fees. I think they were around 10-15%...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom