• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    OK call me blind but I don't see a catalog on the right side of the screen, infact there isn't anything to click on other than "share"

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    THANK YOU!!!!! :D

Funny, when I clicked on "Documents" earlier, I got that shared stuff. Must have clicked too low.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Isn't it just grand to breath the same rareifyed air as royality. I'M glad someone brought in 100 guns on wensday. Did you notice the bid stream on items #124-125-126, same guns and the price keep going up.Must have been 4 buyers for three guns.
    I belive a good time was had by all. I know my decent purchase was only $35 more than I wanted to spend.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Looks like a great buyers auction but a mediocre sellers auction. Several things went way too cheap.
    I wonder, 10% buyers preimum,7% sales tax. Do you think this keeps prices down,and people away.I agree the scuttlebutt around the sale was there were really good buys. Online buyers pay 17.5% plus shipping and transfere on there end. Comission rate was quoted at 20% for sellers. I think the combination of the two have an effect.

Compared to the prices commanded at Sohn's; sales tax and a small transfer fee,for buyers. Small charge for creditcards

OR is to close to christmas.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been to many of christys auctions, i have seen guys in a bid frenzy on junk guns and at 17% plus price of item sold; really gets into a fellas pocketbook. i seen don from dons guns storm outta there during a auction... he couldnt compete with the collectors, i dunno why he even came to be honest. i geuss he thought he might be able to make some money HA! HA!HA!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Isn't it just grand to breath the same rareifyed air as royality. I'M glad someone brought in 100 guns on wensday. Did you notice the bid stream on items #124-125-126, same guns and the price keep going up.Must have been 4 buyers for three guns.
    I belive a good time was had by all. I know my decent purchase was only $35 more than I wanted to spend.

I walked out with nothing more than I wanted to spend :D

Trick is - print out the list ahead of time and calculate the 10% premium plus 7% tax (they DO tax the premium) so you only bid utlimately what you want to pay minus those premiums, and you never pay too much!

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I walked out with nothing more than I wanted to spend :D

Trick is - print out the list ahead of time and calculate the 10% premium plus 7% tax (they DO tax the premium) so you only bid utlimately what you want to pay minus those premiums, and you never pay too much!

THANK YOU for understanding this concept!

/auction company worker.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    I've always understood the concept,it's the BUYER PREMIUM concept that buggs me.
    WHY should I subsudize the cryers lack of selling ability by paying a fee for the priviledge to bid on an item. Besides, carping about what you bought is in the DNA of all auction buyers.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    If you don't like the fee, don't buy anything. Otherwise, bid accordingly. It's really pretty simple. There's theoretically no fee if you bid only basing it on what you want to pay WITH the fee. Only if you aren't paying attention do you get hurt.

Top Bottom