• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Where would you take a gun to get it appraised? A good friend has a gun which his uncle sent home from Germany during WWII. I have found a little info about it online but I think he should have it appraised even though he has no intention to sell it.

It has a 20 gauge shotgun barrel over a 7X57R rifle barrel. There are intergral scope mounts. The receiver is completely covered with game animal scene engraving and is silver in color. The buttstock has a door in the bottom, also silver color, with inletting under it to hold 4 rifle cartridges. It has the following stampings: Suhl; Krupp Stahl (in circular fashion); aug. wolf; and the word WOLF is engraved on the bottom of the receiver.

What do you think? Thanks.

(Dang. I hate misspelling words in the post title)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Take DETAILED pictures, and post here, and on GunBrokers forums "Ask the experts".
    You'll likely find what your looking for free of charge!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Where would you take a gun to get it appraised? A good friend has a gun which his uncle sent home from Germany during WWII. I have found a little info about it online but I think he should have it appraised even though he has no intention to sell it.

It has a 20 gauge shotgun barrel over a 7X57R rifle barrel. There are intergral scope mounts. The receiver is completely covered with game animal scene engraving and is silver in color. The buttstock has a door in the bottom, also silver color, with inletting under it to hold 4 rifle cartridges. It has the following stampings: Suhl; Krupp Stahl (in circular fashion); aug. wolf; and the word WOLF is engraved on the bottom of the receiver.

What do you think? Thanks.
    I think you need to Google Krupp Stahl!
    I've seen that name before. WWII stuff, and MUCH,MUCH more!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Doesn't Christies have an office in Indy? I know very little about drilling rifles but I should think even the most basic is worth some coin.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Was gonna say....sounds like a Drilling to me.

I'd give my ex-roommate's left teste to have a drilling. :)

-J-

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Load o finfo

Thanks swissrifles1. That second link in particular is very helpful. There's a lot of info there and I've found some from other sources. The one I'm studying is very similar to the gun they discuss although the gauge/caliber is different. This gun is 20 gauge over 7x57 R. As I have come to understand it, the term drilling usually refers to a 3 barreled gun, typically double shotgun barrels over a rifle barrel. The type of gun we have here is often called a combination gun. Drilling sure sounds nice but I'm not sure it applies.

Top Bottom