• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    I have been to Gulf Shores. The family absolutely loved it. Havent been to the park, but the area is nice. I65 is a straight shot, only turn is exit to take to the shore. Eat at Lamberts. Its is a great homecookinng type eating joint. If you go away hunger, its your own fault. My kids liked it better than Disney.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    This vacation will be one of the first I do where I have no daily plans. If the day feels like just spend the days in the park and hike or go to the beach, that is what we will do. When I went to Florida in 2007 or 2008, every day had a plan. It sounded great, but not having a daily plan sounds better now. I seen you can rent bikes there also.

shift74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Indianapolis/Wanamaker
    I watched it burn a few years ago from my hotel. It is a nice place. There is great fishing from the pier. Last year there were people catching nice size amber jack off the pier. Take a pole and some bait. I have seen more sharks in Gulf Shores than anywhere in my life. Had Blacktip about 20 feet from me in the water first year I ever went. Did not know I could walk on water til that day. He ended up being harmless. We could see him come down the beach everyday at 9am and 3pm. Check out the Pensacola Naval Air Museum. If you are there at right time you can watch Blue Angels practice.

jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    its a great place to go to do nothing or something. Its not too touristy. We hung out at the pool and beach most of the time. Took a dolphin tour that went way back into the swamps. We saw dolphins fron the balcony. Just relaxed. It is definitely one of our favorites. Enjoy.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I love Gulf Shores. This will be the 1st year in almost 10 years that I have not been. Their park is nice and food fishing and people on the pier. There's some wonder places to eat! If you want a local place, check out the Original Point. It's located in FL, about 20 min from Gulf Shores but it's worth the drive!!

Top Bottom