• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    "You don't know if that person is a convicted felon. Did they just get released from a mental hospital? Did a judge put them there? Are they on bail for a triple murder?" asked Mike Helton of Pop's Guns.

Another reason to avoid Pop's

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    What a totally biased article. It also looks as if Pops' wants to be Don's East! Another reason to steer clear of them. :noway:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    "You don't know if that person is a convicted felon. Did they just get released from a mental hospital? Did a judge put them there? Are they on bail for a triple murder?" asked Mike Helton of Pop's Guns.
    Oh dear Lord! With all those unknown factors, we almost need to do private transactions through our local, friendly FFL so they can perform background checks on buyers and sellers. We can trust that Mike Helton's concern is purely to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, and not because he charges a fee for performing this service.

</sarcasm>

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wow, nice quote by Popguns. :rolleyes:

Check out the comments. It looks like INGO's Walter Zoomie takes Popguns to task, and they respond.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I hope this isn't a dupe, I looked and didn't find anything.

Anti-Violence Groups Push To Ban Gun Shows At Fairgrounds - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

A group is truing to stop the gun shows at the state fairgrounds. I'm not suprised at the group but I'm very disapointed at Mike Helton, owner of Pop's Guns in Indy for supporting them.

Looks like he thinks all gun sales should be transfered thru an FFL. I know he doesn't do gun shows, I guess he makes enough money selling over priced guns to uninformed sheep.

I've never met him but I've read enough to know he's an ass.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Helton is a Tool. He's like Don doesn't want the competition in pricing and wants the money from forced mandatory FFL Transfers. I'd avoid His shop like the plague :noway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess we should throw out all personal property rights.

Does anyone go to this shop on this board?

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    Pops guns - Is that the place that charges 20$ an hour to shoot at the range?
    Yeah I say good F**** luck with s*** to that group, it going to happen when my dogs start talking to me in japanes

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I've never met him but I've read enough to know he's an ass.

Helton is a Tool. :noway:

I have to agree with both ^^^

A few years ago I took a Norinco "hunter" in Pop's looking for conversion parts and he was trying to tell me that it was a Saiga and would have to spend $3-500 in "compliance parts" and that he would gladly order them for me .

As nicely as I can put it on this forum , EFF HIM and Don's east , I mean Pop's . :noway:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    sounds like some one needs to go to a gun show and then write an article, not just go from what other people tell you.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Mike was disarmed at his original location (10th & Mitthoeffer) by some inner city yutes because of that unsafe SOB holster that he wore. Luckily, for him it was cocked & locked otherwise he'd been dead. To hear Mike's manufactured war stories he is quite the BA :noway:

Top Bottom