• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I can get synthetic gauze sponges that I have used for larger bore cleaning patches at what I think is a good price. It works out to $.008 per patch (yes 8 tenths of a cent). I'll try to get pics posted. I get them from my dental supplier for $41.25 per case, they come in rectangular bags of 200. Each 2x2 is actually a 4x4 piece of fabric folded 2x to make the 2x2 shape. Depending on the rifle I am cleaning I unfold it from 0 to both times when using it. I have not had luck using it on my .223/5.56.
    Mine look something like these: MidwayUSA - Advanced Search
    but mine has more of a waffle pattern rather than being a smooth fabric, and you would have to cut mine up to be single 2x2 pieces. Gotta go I'll add more detail later.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I would be interested. I had some of these type patches when I had my wisdom teath out. I didn't use all of them for my mouth but I did for my guns!!

I may very well be interested if we get this going.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    So at 5,000 in a case for $41.25. that breaks down to bags of 200 (25 bags in a case) we are looking at about $1.62 a bag of 200.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    https://www.pattersondental.com/app.aspx?cmd=get_item&id=139462 This is a picture of the stuff I don't think you can order directly throught the site without an account. If you can, knock yourself out.

$41.25 is my price for the case (cardboard box) of 5000. Inside the box are 25 bags (like in picture) of 200 gauze squares. Each square is actually a 4x4 piece of gauze folded into a 2x2 shape. I have and use this stuff in my business all the time so it would be easy to accommodate "orders" that are for any number of cases or for bags. I am not interested in making a dime on this but I'm not wanting to be the UPS guy on my spare time either. In case you are wondering, yes I will keep track of the amount I "move" to INGO people to avoid this looking like a business expense. As microscopic as this would be I have enough stress in my life to avoid the slippery slope of buying things through the business for tax advantages. They would be available to pick up in Frankfort, IN. I would have to check to see what it costs to ship them, and what kind of time that would involve.
    I can say for now if you want x# of bags or cases and can pick it up in Frankfort, or the NW corner of Carmel PM me and I'll proceed.
    COST based on $1.65 times the number of bags then round up to the next $.25 for ease of making change, 1bag=$1.75, 2=$3.50, and so on.
    case $41.25

Top Bottom