• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah, I know a lot of us never stop but my grills' been buried in the barn for several months awaiting an upgrade. We have the Chargiller duo but didn't buy the smoke box for the side until we stole one at a garage sale last year NIB for $10.

The chargriller duo is a great grill for us but wasn't really designed to be moved around with the smallish wheels and the poorly located handle. With the addition of the smoke box the handle goes away so it essentially becomes a stationary grill.

I built the stand out of 2x2 square tubing, added some 16" lawnmower wheels on one end and a couple of 6" swivel casters on the other end so now it pushes with ease! I'll be putting a sturdy handle on the caster end this weekend now that the smoke box is in place and I can place it so that it doesn't get to hot to handle during use in case it's necessarry to move it.

I think it turned out pretty nice.:rockwoot:

IMG_0217.jpg

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    That actually looks pretty good! It has me thinking I should build a new base for my grill because it's not the sturdiest as most of them aren't.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Yeah man, if you need any tips on the smoking part, let me know. Im pretty new to it, started about a year ago but have been smoking something every weekend since january. Got a similar set up to yours except there is no gas part to it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hmmmm Burgers.... I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!

Does everyone with in 2 miles of your house get a complimentary burger?:drool:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Friends...it is always grilling season:alright:

Friends, I humbly kneel before you all, tis true that grilling season never ends. We just ran out of room for a little while and the grill parking was sacrificed for other (I won't say more important things because after all not much is more important) things. I plan on doing plenty of penance to make up for this dip in my grilling activities, just as soon as I get this beer open.:rockwoot:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Friends, I humbly kneel before you all, tis true that grilling season never ends. We just ran out of room for a little while and the grill parking was sacrificed for other (I won't say more important things because after all not much is more important) things. I plan on doing plenty of penance to make up for this dip in my grilling activities, just as soon as I get this beer open.:rockwoot:

Ok. Where is the beer and bacon and do you have the grill fired up yet?

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I grill all year round, neighbor thinks i'm crazy. Now that it's nice out the wife and I will grill most nights. We grill alot of chicken and recently we've started throwing some boneless turkey breast on the grill too. We grill steaks ones in a while.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    If somebody hasn't already, start a grill recipe/tips thread and I will be on it every day. I love to grill, but in an amateurish way

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    Year round griller here. Burgers this evening. Steaks, whole chicken, wings, legs, gizzard-ka-bobs, pork chops, pork steaks, porkloins, meatloaf, pizza, porkribs, many veggies, teryaki beef-ka-bobs, various fish, shrimp...all on charcoal/wood fired Weber grill. Ah yes....what to make for tomorrow....decisions,decisions!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom