Not open for further replies.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Hello All!

I've already perused a large portion of these boards and have already found a wealth of information here.

I've been a firearm aficionado for many years but have not been able to justify the purchase for myself until recently, using those of friends and family for target shooting.

It was only after several recent break-in attempts on my family and on my neighborhood, in addition to a recent dog attack in my vicinity, that I felt the need was justified.

That being said, I picked up a Charles Daly .45 1911 EFS from our local Big R store. (Ammo seems to be getting mighty scarce these days, eh? :) )

Once I am able to locate some kind of a "home defense" course, my wife and I will be enrolled :).

In any case, I don't know how much help to the discourse I'll be, but rest assured, I'll ask many questions.

Thanks,

Bigg Cheese
    Joe

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Welcome to the site! :D

Be sure to get your LTCH so you can legally take your own firearm to the range to practice with it. I'm glad to see you're interested in a "home defense" course. I've heard that there are companies that offer personal training and will come into your home to help you and your family lay out a defense plan for your home, but barring that, you can always check into some fighting pistol or force-on-force training classes. :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Welcome....from a Crawfordsville "native son"

Mind if I ask what areas of town have had the attempted break ins? My dad lives near Tuttle, my grandma lives over near Darlington Ave & Englewood, and step sister and her family live out in Big 4-Arch addition.

-J-

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    @ Pami:

I've already gotten all the permit paperwork filled out and sent to State Police, and I've been absorbed on the web hunting for courses. I spotted the one in Lebanon next month, and I've emailed the Sheriff, so we'll see how that goes.

I know how to pull the trigger, but I also know there's a lot I don't know... Dang it...

Welcome....from a Crawfordsville "native son"

Mind if I ask what areas of town have had the attempted break ins? My dad lives near Tuttle, my grandma lives over near Darlington Ave & Englewood, and step sister and her family live out in Big 4-Arch addition.

-J-

My parents live just a stone's throw from Tuttle on Danville and they were broken into a few months back. My in-laws and I live on the same street near the Rails-to-Trails project, and I've already had to do a few property sweeps with my enormous "ten-pound" :) mag-light since my mother-in-law was home alone and she heard people trying to get in.

Sounds like we're both talking the same areas :).

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Wow another Crawfordsville member named Joe. Yo wouldn't miss the other one (Rhino)I am a Southmont graduate and still frequent C-ville quite a bit. I hope to have a little get together at my house soon to shoot. I'll post up when the time gets closer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom